You're Safe Love

CHAPTER-FIVE

Madeline's POV:

The lights were dim in the house hiding the faces of people dancing in the middle. The only light was coming from the disco balls hanging around the house imitating the atmosphere of the real club.

I walked briskly while holding Milly's elbow before I would lose her again in the mass of people.

"Hi! Where were you? I have been looking for you for past thirty minutes" I said glaring at Milly's barely visible face.

She giggled loudly making me frown.

"Aww... Little Maddy, missed me" She slurred out clearly drunk and tried pinching my cheeks.

"Milly, why did you drink so much? Did you forgot that you are still underage?" I said showing my disapproval on her drunk state.

Suddenly, my eyes caught Mac doing some weird moves of dance outside the kitchen surrounded by few girls and boys. They were laughing at his stupid show.

I grabbed Milly's forearm tightly and dragged her with me in the direction of Mac. He was having his own comedy show which was attracting others.

"The show is over," I said and dragged drunk Mac to the door with Milly.

The boys and girls started to scramble away with the disappointment on their faces. Milly flung herself on Mac and started making out. I screeched in disgust and pulled them apart.

"Mac, Milly, stop making out," I said with the annoyance. "You guys promised me that you won't drink tonight. Now, look at you guys."

"Sorry, Mom," They said in a unison and burst into giggles.

I cursed them under my breath and dragged them out from the hell of a house which they called party. I opened the door of Laura's pink convertible and deposited Milly and Mac inside. I instructed them to stay inside with doors locked.

My very full bladder made its presence known to make me realize why was I searching for Milly in the first place.

I went back inside the house and crashed into the wall. Looking up, I realized that it wasn't a wall that I crashed into but a living human. He was the guy that I liked to avoid at every cost. Well, I' was talking about no one other than Connor Walter.

"Do you know where is washroom?" I asked Connor which was the most stupid question of the year because it was his house where I was standing.

Yes, he was the one who invited us to this damn party where my friends got drunk and few were still missing in the mass of this crazy people.

He gave me the amused look and said, "Upstairs in the left corner".'

Mumbling a quick thank you I ran upstairs and found the washroom.

After I was done freeing my bladder from the grape juice that I drunk. I came out of the washroom feeling relieved.

I decided to search for Brandon and Laura before going back to the Mac and Milly. We needed to go back home because it was past midnight.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm pulling me inside a room. The room was dark making my heart accelerate.

I heard the sound of click something was locked and panicked

Then a lamp on the bedside table was switched on lighting the room.

The boy walked out from the shadows. My breath hitched at the sight of Connor's bloodshot eyes.