Epilogue

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

Madeline POV:

Bryan was playing with the kids in the park. He smiled at Jenny and chased her.

Jenny is a sweet little thing and ball of energy. She is seven years old like Bryan and her brother Luke is ten years old. Jenny is a daughter of our neighbor. Her mother Audrey is a doctor and a very nice woman. We instantly become friends so was our kids. Even her husband Samuels turned out a very good friend of Brandon. Now, it has been a year and we practically consider each other as family.

Every evening, it's my duty to bring Bryan and her kids to this park in the neighborhood so they can play with other kids and meet their school friends. We have been doing this for a month so it is more like a daily chore for me but it makes my son happy and that's all that matters.

I was glad how Bryan was taking a change of place and school nicely. I was worried about Bryan when I decided to move back to Boston from New York. My son grew up in a family where there were always so many people to entertain him and play with him. He was always surrounded by my parents, aunts and uncles and other kids in the family. This is the reason why he is so confident and outspoken at this age. In my family, he was the center of attention and everyone loved him more as he was my kid, the daughter they lost. They showered him with all the love and care thinking that somehow they are taking care of me again which they missed when I wasn't there with them.

Brandon and I thought about this before making a decision and came to the conclusion that he is young and will adopt new life easily. In last ten months, we both did everything to keep him happy. He adjusted quite well in the school and made new friends. Brandon parents created a tradition to make us come every weekend to visit them and spend time with Bryan. Sometimes they would come here to meet us and spend a weekend with their grandson. I can see they love Bryan and he loves them. Elena and Eric turned into kids whenever they are with Bryan. Brandon and I fear for our heart because Elena and Eric have started to teach every mischievous little trick to our son.

I was pulled out of my train of thoughts when Luke came and pushed Bryan on the ground while looking angry. I got up from the bench I was sitting and made my way towards the kids to know what happened.

My son got up from the ground and glared at Luke. Jenny looked at her brother in annoyance. Luke said something to Bryan which made him glare and fist clench. I never saw my son this angry.

"Bryan, are you alright?" I asked him.

He nodded his head but said nothing.

"Why did you push him, Luke? Were you both fighting?" I asked Luke, eyeing him.

"No, we are not fighting. I was just teaching him how to play this new game we learned in school". He lied to me, smirking at Bryan.

I didn't what happened between them and why they are suddenly fighting so I looked at Jenny. Jenny was glaring at her brother her small hand was tightly grasped by Luke. She looked at me with guilt in her eyes.

"We don't want to play anymore. We want to go home". Luke said glaring at her sister who looks ready to protest.

I don't know what his issue was, but I nodded my head and took the hold of Bryan's hand. We walked back to our house.

I rang the doorbell and Audrey opened the door.

"Hi, you guys are back so soon?" She asked looking at Luke who stormed inside without even glancing at his mother.

Audrey looked shocked at her son's behavior and her mouth was dropped open. Jenny was staring at his mom with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked me.