You're Not Going To Forget It

Chapter-Two

Brandon's POV :

The instant my team was let out on the ground to play my eyes searched the bleachers for Madeline.

I realized that she hadn't come and I felt the disappointment seeping into me.

I had no idea why she suddenly stopped playing football with me. Why she didn't join the team when she loved this sport from the first grade.

After that, I started noticing that she stopped acting like herself. She stopped wearing her favorite music band shirt and her usual messy bun.

I told my mom about her sudden change of behavior. She explained to me that it was normal. She told me that as Madeline was getting older her thinking was changing so was her dressing style.

A few months later her fifteen birthday, she completely changed. She turned into a beautiful girl rather than looking like a tomboy who yet has to hit puberty. She was always cute but now she looked gorgeous.

But I knew that even now that had changed into a beautiful girl of her, she was still my Madeline. The girl that loves playing and watching football with me. It was like our thing, it was the reason why we become a friend in the first place.

I always wanted to impress Laura so I would ask her to come to my matches but she always refuses to come any of my matches. It used to hurt me but not anymore. Madeline would always come but for a year she had stopped coming. She tried to make an excuse or avoid that topic. But when she used to come to the matches we would talk about my performance, and she would tease me about other girls who shamelessly flirts with me.

Laura and Madeline, they were friends which were good for me. It saved me the unnecessary worries of my best friend and the girlfriend getting along or feeling jealous.

I had a crush on Laura in kindergarten and it never went away. She was the most beautiful girl and I kissed her on the very first day of kindergarten. And somewhere in my mind, I fell in love with her at the very first sight.

She was definitely beautiful, classy, and a dream girl any guy would want. Her oval face and big doe blue eyes made her look enchanting. Her hair was straight, white blonde like a curtain of silk. With time, I found myself getting more attracted towards her.

My feelings towards Laura never changed. I tried everything to impress her. I followed her like a lost puppy while she dated other boys. I never pressured her into a relationship and waited for her to like me on her own.

She was rich and her parents spoiled their only daughter with love and money. She felt very proud to be Mr. and Mrs. Gonzalez only daughter. Her parents one of the famous lawyers running their own firm in Boston.

Last month, I man up and asked Laura out at lunch by giving her a bunch of flowers and her favorite chocolate which she did eat despite being extremely conscious about her weight.

The whistle of the coach brought me back from my train of thoughts making me aware I was standing in the middle of the ground and match was about to start.

I pushed my thoughts deep in somewhere my mind and I ran to stand with other players.

The game started and I forgot everything. I focused on playing with my team-mates with one goal in my head that I needed to win.

The game ended and my team won by beating our opponents with four goals which were an achievement. My eyes traveled over the bleachers again in the hope that I would find Madeline in one of the seat wearing my jersey and cheering for me with her smug smile. Instead of her, I caught the sight of my father and mother sitting in the top seats with Elena and Eric.