I'm Just Asking You To Trust Me

Chapter Fifty

Hailey's POV:

I stared at the five years old kid hugging my legs and looking at me with those same blue eyes filled with mischief.

How can I forget these eyes when I have spent my last twenty-five years understanding them.

Brandon eyes is something that speaks to me when he will be silent or hiding something. I learned to understand him by looking at him in the eyes.

This kid has a same eyes and face leaving no doubt in my mind who he belongs. Even I was familiar with the brown mass of hair on his head that I had spent braiding and styling when Madeline was still in elementary school.

The kid was still staring at me with same bright smile on his face even when my expression wasn't that great at the moment to attract a kid.

I didn't even know how Chase was feeling at the moment. He wasn't speaking means he was too having a hard time to get to accept the history.

Turning my head I looked at Chase frozen face. He was expressionless, there was nothing on his face but I knew what he was doing by staying silent.

He was stopping himself from crying and turning into an emotional wreck in front of our grandson.

Grandson. Now I have a grandson.

I blinked my eyes and kneeled down to come face to face with the boy.

He started at me with the same curiosity his father held in them when he wanted to know something.

"Why are you crying Grandma?". He asked me in his sweet voice.

After hearing "Grandma" word from his mouth I wanted to cry so much but I stopped myself.

"They are happy tears". I said. My voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

He placed his small soft hand on my face and wiped my tears from my face.

I caught his hand before he would remove it from my face and placed a kiss on his palm.

He blushed and I laughed.

"What's your name baby?". I asked again as I was to shock to hear anything when I saw him Erin's arm.

"Bryan". He said.

My eyes widened and I looked at Madeline.

She smiled at me sweetly.

I couldn't believe she remembered and thought I was serious when I told her I would ask Brandon to name his first kid Bryan.

"How old are you Bryan?". I asked him.

"I'm five years old". He said showing me his five fingers of right hand.

I closed my eyes for a moment trying to digest the truth that Brandon has a son when he was nineteen and I didn't know anything about it. Madeline the girl I thought was smart wasn't smart enough to stop herself from falling in love with my son who always seek the attention and love of that wench Laura.