Give Me The Chance To Spend My Whole Life With You

Chapter Fifty-Two

Brandon's POV:

I didn't know what to say after hearing the whole story.

Madeline stared at me waiting for me to say something.

I felt stupid for asking her if she loves that guy.

"I'm sorry Brandon for hiding this from you. But it's not easy for me to recall all those memories and lay them out in front of you like it doesn't affect me anymore. Because recalling everything still hurts". She said.

Her beautiful hazel eyes were looking at me with hope in them that I'll understand her. And I did understand the reason behind her hiding everything from me.

But the thing that was stopping me from saying anything was embarrassment on judging her and accusing her for loving some other man.

I literally wanted to jump out from the open window of the lounge so I could escape from this place and imagine it never happened.

"I think we need more time to get to know each other. The six years gap can't be filled in few months". Madeline said and turned around.

Before she would be able to leave I leaped and captured her wrist in my hand.

"Madeline I'm sorry baby. Please stop. We don't need to take a break. I have already missed six years of your and my son's life". I said.

My heart was beating crazily at the thought of her leaving me again.

I can't live without her and my son.

"Brandon, you don't trust on the love I have for you. You need more time to be sure that I would never cheat on you like Laura did". She said making me loosen my grip around her wrist.

She snatched her hand back.

"I... I don't need more time Madeline. I know I trust you. I'm sure that you love me. It's just I'm insecure and scared. I know that I'm not good enough for you and when you'll realize it, you will leave me". I said making her turn back to face me.

She stared at me and I continued "I love you. I have always loved you even when I used to think that liking your best friend is wrong. You might don't believe me because I keep asking you to prove your love. You might feel my trust is weak on you. But honestly, it is me who I don't trust. I don't trust myself to make you happy and because of this I keep hurting you. I'm sorry for being like this but I can't change myself".

She took the step forward and I pulled out the box that I have been carrying around for two days in my pocket.

"You can push me away thinking that you're giving me time and it will help me to tackle the trust issue I have. You might think I need time to be sure about the love you have for me. But I'm really sorry it's never going to happen. I'll always feel like I'm not good enough for you and for my son. I will continue being insecure and keep asking you to tell me how much you love me. I might annoy you by asking the same thing our whole lives if you allow me". With that said I kneeled down and opened the jewelry box that holds a Tiffany engagement ring.

 With that said I kneeled down and opened the jewelry box that holds a Tiffany engagement ring