You Didn't Ruin Anything

Chapter Thirty-Two

Madeline's POV:

"Bryan, what are you saying?". I shuttered.

He snuggled closer to me and mumbled again "I know you are my mommy not my sister".

I stopped breathing, my mind turned numb at the realization that he finally knows the truth. The tears started rolling down from my face falling on my neck.

I pressed him closer to my chest and his tiny soft hand wiped my tears from my face making me cry harder.

"Oh, Bryan. When did you find out? Who told you this?". I asked him.

"I heard ma and pa talking a few days ago". He said.

"What did you hear?". I asked him scared about what he had heard.

"Ma were saying to Pa that you should tell me the truth that you're my mommy. She said you don't have to hide it anymore" He said.

"Is that all you heard?" He nodded his head.

I asked astonished, "You believed it?".

"Yes". He said snuggling his head in my neck while my hand rubbed his back to comfort him.

"Why?". I asked him.

"I always knew you were my mom". He said surprising me.

"How?". I asked him feeling my voice cracking.

"You told me yourself. Don't you remember?". He said confusing me.

"I never told you". I said making him look upon my face.

"After my birthday, you stayed the night in my room. You thought I was sleeping when you kissed my head and told me how much you love me and miss me. You said you wants to take me with you but you need to keep me safe. You called me son so many times that night." He said shocking me to core.

My hands were shaking when I cupped his face and said, "Bryan, it was last year, honey"

His mass of brown hair bobbed.

The realization dawned on me surprising me. "You knew I was your mommy for so long so why didn't you say anything before?". I asked him.

"I thought it was my dream. But when I heard Ma and Pa talking about you a few days ago, I remembered that night when you called me son. So I know you are my mommy". He replied.

"Baby, are you angry at me for hiding this?". I asked feeling ashamed.

"No, I'm not angry. I just want to call you my mommy. Can I call you mommy?". He asked me with the hopeful face.

"Oh baby!" I said and pulled him closer."Definitely, you can call me your mommy". I showered his cute face with kisses.

"Mommy, stop. You're tickling me". He complained as my fingers touched the sides of his small stomach.

He was really ticklish on the stomach and to change the somber mood, I started tickling his sides making him giggle loudly.

When I stopped tickling, his giggles subsided and he launched himself into my arms laughing.

I was glad that now he knows the truth but at the same time, I was scared that now the truth was out how would I explain to him where is his dad? And who is he?.

He yawned making me notice how sleepy he looks.

"Bryan, baby, go to sleep". I said throwing a comforter on us.