I am Adrian Ford

Chapter Thirty-Four

Madeline's POV:

I was staring with mouth agape at him. His brown hair were disheveled and his pure blue eyes were taking me in.

We were both just looking at each other with uncertainty in our eyes.

Building up some courage I asked "Brandon. What? What are you doing here?".

He snapped out of his staring and looked around like he was expecting everything to disappear and transport him back where he came from.

"I..I am here to meet you". He said nervously.

In past we were both so free-spoken and never felt awkward talking to each other but now it feels like we are two strangers.

"Can I come inside? It's chilly out here". Brandon asked.

"I..uh...I am sorry. Please, come inside". I said opening the wider.

He stepped inside the house and I felt the atmosphere changing drastically.
The calm and peacefulness left my body. I stared at him waiting for him to explain his unexpected visit.

"We should sit on couch". I said leading him to the couch in lounge.

He took the couch and I sat across him on another seat.

There was a long awkward pause making me fumbling with my fingers in anxiety.

"I am really sorry for disturbing you at this time of night. You must be going to sleep before I came". He said looking at me.

Following his stare I noticed that his eyes were looking at my legs. That's when I realized that my night shirt had ridden up to my mid thigh.

I snatched it down till my knees where it was supposed to be in the first place.

I was embarrassed at the way he was looking me.

"I was not expecting a company". I mumbled.

Again there was an awkward pause.

"Why are you here Brandon?". I asked feeling anticipation.

"I...I missed you". He said with the difficulty.

"It has been six years Brandon". I said. My voice sounded bitter and edgy.

"I know". He said stopping for a moment then continue "But it's never too late to start again".

"Start what?". I asked him.

"Our friendship". He said.

I looked in his eyes and felt them sucking me in. They were full of emotions and need of some support.

"The fourteen years of friendship can't be forgotten in six years". He said making me close my eyes.

"Who said I forgot?". I said sharply.

"You left our memories, you left me". He said with his voice filled with hurt.