2

Woah, woah woah ─ am I seriously updating quicker than schedule? Get me out of here! ;))

You're most welcome, don't forget to give me feedback and vote though! Enjooy <33

C H 2 |

Three years later...

"Do you think Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez will ever get back together?"

Says my dad.

My hands meets my face in an epic facepalm. "Dad, please stop."

He laughs. "You know you wished they do too." I roll my eyes and don't respond. He looks at me through the rear-view mirror of his Shelby AC Cobra. He can sense what a nervous wreck I currently am and casts me an assuring smile. "Relax! You'll be fine darling."

I shake my head vigorously. "I really don't think so."

He sighs. "I know it's going to be hard for you to adapt to New York, but I also know that you'll eventually fit in here perfectly. I bet you'll also make more friends than you had back in Malibu!"

Little does he know that I have no friends back in Malibu.

Life in Malibu was tranquil, relaxing, attention-free and... lonely. All these years I've been a lone wolf, focusing only on my education and nothing else. Soon after the incident, the hype started to die down and the next thing I knew, nobody really cared. In sophomore year, I returned to my chestnut-brown hair, got braces and changed back to my tom-boy outfits.

It was like no one even recognised me.

And now I'm a senior. My braces are off (thank god), and my tom-boy outfits are replaced with a navy-blue and maroon based, overly-priced school uniform belonging to Hems College, a prestigious private school for basically rich people.

I heave a sigh. The only goals I have for this year is to finish school with an excellent GPA, and finally make friends─nothing else. In hindsight, I only wish to have a friendly year. Taking a walk down memory lane never fails to makes me cringe; it pains me to remind myself of what a fake, selfish and despicable idiot I was.

Eventually, we arrive at the school grounds and I stare speechlessly at the baronial building ahead of me, looking at least a century old and more like a strict boarding school. It also looks like it belongs in London, not here in New York. Not that I'm complaining ─ It completely juxtaposed to the school I attended back in Malibu and it enlightens me with a fresh start.

The chauffeur halts the car by the pavement and my dad turns to me, a grin plastered on his face. "Well, here we are. You're going to be okay, okay?"

It takes the all in me not avoiding looking bleak and lighten up for the sake of him. "Thanks dad, love you."

He pats my head. "Love you more. Now run along and go have fun!"

Fun? In school? Puh-lease.

I snigger and leave the car, bidding him one last bye-bye. Spinning on my heels to face my new school, I breathe in heavily. New life, new me. Time to turn a new leaf.

▽▽▽▽▽

"Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!" The school counsellor sings enthusiastically, her hands waving in tune with her voice. Her style is very hippie; wearing earthy tones combined with floral prints and bohemian patterns... oh and one gigantic smile too. It almost looks plastic.

"Uh... thanks." I respond awkwardly, my hands frantically fidgeting on my lap.

"You're most welcome!" She sings again, laughing at her hilarious joke. Note the sarcasm. "Anyways, Summer Winters ─ what an interesting name you have, I must add! ─ Here is your class schedules and an information booklet about our school. I hope you continue to succeed academically, just like your past outstanding records! And if you have any questions, or if anything or anyone is troubling you, don't ever, ever, EVER hesitate to knock on my door. Okay?" The tone she used to say the last part makes her sound a tad off; in other words, she sounds like she's on drugs.