26

10K. 10K. 10K?! Oh my God, are you all O-K? (See what I did there?)

I honestly cannot believe this bad excuse of a book has reached 10,000 reads! How? Argh, thank you all soooo much! Truly overwhelmed with happiness that so many people spend their precious time reading my book/s! <3 <3

Speaking of my books...

Guess what?

I've recently published a new one. *squeals* Yayyyy, now I can waste more of your precious time! Lol just kidding! ;) or am I?

HAHA Stay tuned for the author's note at the end of this chapter for more info!

Thank you again for reading and liking and enjoying (hopefully you all do, unlike me who finds it quite cringy)!! You all rock! xx

Anyway, let's dive right into this chapter, shall we? ;)

CH 26 |

My eyes are bulging out of their sockets. Sounds gross, but that is how they feel like!

With Hamish down, it isn't long until Vincent manages to wipe them all out with his swift reflexes and smart tactics. The gang legitimately looked like cats compared to Vincent's tiger-self.

Or should I say, cheetah-self? Because there is no way he's naturally this phenominally good within three freaking years! He must've cheated. There's got to be some sort of reasonably, not-out-of-this-world logic behind this.

Maybe he got trained by the world's best fighter? Maybe he got transformed into a robot and some guy behind a computer controls him? That would explain his dramatic change of appearance and personality...

I got it! Drugs! He must've been injected with some super-drug, just like Captain America!

Maybe that's why he's made so much money; because with the help of the chemists, medical and pharmaceutical scientists in his family's medicinal drug manufacturing business, he produced a super-drug that enhances human abilities and then sold it to the head of the Ninja organisation!

Wow, I think I've cracked the code. Aha, so I don't need Phoebe's brains to be a genius after all.

Unfortunately, life isn't a movie where when you knock out the bad guys, they conveniently remain unconscious. After ten or so seconds, the gang — including Hamish — jump back up, ready for round two.

"Oh shit." Vincent curses under his breath, which catches me by surprise because he used to never cuss before.

"Need a hand?" A voice whispers into our ears out of nowhere, this time catching me by so much surprise that I physically jump.

We cane our necks towards the source of voice, of which belongs to a tall guy in a night-blue suit wearing the usual creepy-ninja attire; a black mask and baseball cap. Unluckily, due to the dim lighting of the spacious patio we are currently situated in, I can't make out the colour of his eyes or any other facial features. Only the fact that he has a pretty built, but lean figure.

Vincent glances at his Daniel Wellingtion watch and glowers at the guy. "You're twelve seconds late."

Ah, so this is his mysterious partner-in-rescue.