11

Dedicated to:
Magician15aug
&
Tallyyoungblood2002
<3 <3 <3

Apologies for the late & super short chapter! Ahhh!

CH 11 |

Slowly, my eyes flutter open.

My mind takes a while to sink into reality, but when it does I gasp in horror, taking in my surroundings with great consciousness. I'm in an old, abandoned restaurant that seems to have been untouched for decades, considering that there is sheets of dust blanketing everywhere. There are large windows alined in a series, in which expose a dull view of a dark, forlorn alley. I'm also securely tied to a chair by a thick layer of rope, painfully compressing into my flesh and not allowing me to even shift in it's hold. 

However, much to my last pennies of luck, there is nothing that is restricting my freedom of speech. So what's my natural instinct? To scream of course!

The second I part my lips, a deep, husky voice chuckled mirthlessly, immediately ceasing my actions. "Oh I wouldn't do that if I were you," There is an echo of footsteps before he continues. "Because the minute you do, that gun touching the back of your head will fire and bam, you're done."

I gulp. Oh. So that's what that weird feeling pressing the behind of my head is.

My eyes finally adjust to the very dim-lighting (the only source of light is the moonlight seeping through the window in all sorts of odd shapes, due to the cracks in the glass) and I manage to pinpoint the dude who has just enlightened me with a warning.

His big stature stands a good distance away from me on the right as nothing but a silhouette in front of the large windows. His body is significantly huge and masculine, making me feel smaller than I am sitting down. The outline of his massive biceps is emphasised by him crossing his arms over his chest. His jaw moves and he speaks again. "Now tell me, Autumn, how good of a fighter are you?"

Wow, this guy is a terrible kidnapper. First minute of this and he already mistakens my name. Sucker!

I swallow, feeling an annoyingly strong urge to correct him. But what kind of idiot would provide their kidnapper with personal information by free will? Certainly not me!

"Well?"

I stammer helplessly. "W-well I-I-I was trained by the best, so pretty g-good."

There, that should scare him.

Speaking of being trained by the best, Theo's probably suspected something, right? Hopefully the best fighter I know comes coincidentally ─

Suddenly, the sound of ass being kicked destroys the silence. Smacks, pows and squishes are heard from behind me, as well as grunts and body-slamming the floor. Whoop whoop! Someone has actually come to save me! Guess I do have some pounds of luck left after all.

A black figure swooshes swiftly passed me, his steps and motions exactly resembling those of a ninja and a natural master in martial arts. He too, cannot be seen properly through the inconvenient lighting and therefore remains a completely mystery. I watch intently as his figure approaches the humongous kidnapper who seems to be the slightest bit of stunned as he stands there unfazed, his arms still arrogantly crossed.

The figure whispers something completely inaudible from where I sat, and the kidnapper groans and waves him off, seemingly giving him permission to do whatever the heck he came in kicking-ass for.

What the hell? These two know each other, and agree with each other, which basically means they're not enemies. Which means this ninja isn't my hero, which means I'm still screwed.

Oh my god, and I still have diarrhoea too. I'm double screwed!

The figure ─ which now that I think about it, looks incredibly familiar ─ turns towards me and approaches me within a heartbeat. His close proximity sends shivers down my spine. Wow, I've only watched his dark figure for like a minute and he already appears to be invincible; his motions are amazingly in sync and dangerously artistic. You can tell he is immensely gifted at what he does.

My moments of gawking and admiration is cut short when he unties the rope around me within a second (see what I mean? Wow.) and within another second, flings me over his shoulder and exits out of the place.

I would scream, but not yet. Not in such an empty alley where screaming will be unheard and just lead to my death. So instead, I whisper, "Please let me go, I promise I wont tell anyone."

No answer. All I can see is his nice backside and long legs, all covered in black clothing.

'Please," I try one more time. Nothing. Even being upside-down, I feel the tears brimming in my eyes and I break into silent sobs. This is it, I'm finished! Done for good. Goodbye everyone.

As he comes closer and closer towards the busy streets of NYC, I get ready to scream at the top of my lungs. I open my mouth and am about to do so when suddenly, he places me onto the ground. His body is nearly touching mine and his eyes are shielded by his black cap whilst half of his face is blocked with a black mask. Quietly and dangerously, he whispers. "You better not tell anyone, or I will find you."

My tear-stricken face stares at him wide-eyed, not believing the fact that I'm miraculously saved and no longer tied in a death situation. My eyes blink and ─ bad idea ─ because just like that, he has disappeared.

"Summer!" Theo shouts from behind me, his running footsteps becoming louder and louder. He places his hands on my shoulders and twirls me around, examining me. "Summer! Thank God I found you. I've been looking everywhere for you─woah, you're crying!"

"I'm okay," I lie. My hands shoot up to wipe away my tears, but Theo beats me to it. "I just got really lost."

"Next time, I'm going to pick you up." He notes to himself more than me, then smiles charmingly. "Why is it that I always find you crying?"

"Because you have this vital disease called bad timing." I answer sarcastically, earning a loud laugh from him.

I must admit, that is an interesting question. Why is it that, whenever I cry, Theo is always there for me? I wonder.

And I also wonder who on Earth that mysterious ninja-like guy was, and why he let me go that easily... way too easily. Hmm.

▽▽▽▽▽