24

CH 24 |

Ah, so that's why he wanted me to be his date. To kidnap me.

I scream at the top of my lungs, but it's no use. He has a grip on my mouth that is so strong that I can feel the bruise already developing on my jaw. His other arm also has an iron grip over my shoulders and I feel like I'm being subtly choked.

And to think Hamish and I were on the brink of becoming friends.

I scoff at the thought, and from the corner of my eyes I can see the confused look he's giving me. Oh, he's confused? Well imagine how I feel!

My hands are gripped onto his arm that is merely millimetres away from choking me, trying to prevent him from doing so. Suddenly, I get a brilliant idea.

I never thought that I, nor anyone would ever do this in a kidnapping situation, but I smile. Wow, why didn't I think of this before?

And immediately, I put my brilliant idea into action. My hands release its grasp on his arms and turning into fists, I punch him where the sun don't shine. Hard. Really, really hard.

"AHHHHHH WHAT THE FU—" he yelps out in pain, releasing me to hold his crotch as he falls to the ground in unimaginable pain.

I huff and smirk before remarking, "Serves you right, mother— oh fudge."

My heroic speech is cut short when the rest of Hamish's gang joins us, trapping me with the secure and nearing wall they've created with their muscular, frightening figures. Their black designer suits are now combined with black baseball caps and masks that cover their nose and mouth but causes their dark, menacing eyes to stand out and accentuate the blood-curdling ambience.

My nose wrinkles slightly in confusion at their sudden change of outfit. What is the point of that? I've already seen all their faces plus I know their names too!

My eyes then discover the sharp, lustrous knifes in each of their hands. Oh right, that won't matter. No one else will know who they are...

I gulp, but try not to burst out crying and instead, push away as much fear as possible. Right, no biggy, Summer. If you can kick their ass once, you can totally do it again!

So I thought.

But when I swing my leg at their face and they catch it immediately and push me to the floor, I finally embrace the fact that this is the end. Goodbye world, Phoebe, Aaliyah, my father...

I grunt in pain, but my eyes widen when I remember something. Of course, Summer you idiot! You forgot about Phoebe's masterplan!

It's time to put her genius plan into action.

Step 1: Distract your enemies.

"Wait!" I shout, rolling over on the floor to look at my enemies. They don't stop, instead they inch closer, ready to grab me. Crap! Come on Summer, think of something distracting, quick! Anything!

"I need to fart again!"

Instantly they all leap back, trying to keep as much distance although at the same time they surround me securely. Awesome, that's all I need.