34

CH 34 |

A three hour and fifteen minute plane ride (on Samuel's private jet) later, we arrive back home to New York. Well, kind of home for me. I'm still trying to get used to living in NYC, and so far, the experience hasn't been very pleasant nor welcoming.

Throughout the plan ride, I've learnt quite a lot. First of all, there is only twenty-one ninjas in the deadly business, which is a shock to me because I thought they would have hundreds of ninjas everywhere, watching everybody's every move — even a twitch of a muscle! However, the ninjas are carefully selected by physical features and apparently the less ninjas, the less money C.H.A.N has to spend on employment.

I snort. That's totally sounds like something my dad would do. Speak of my father, I cannot bear to think of what could possibly be happening to him right now. One thing for sure, we need to find that child as soon as possible.

Luckily for us, we don't have to worry about the remaining eleven ninjas hunting us down because Hamish and his gang was assigned to do that. Thank God they managed to appear loyal to C.H.A.N, otherwise we'd all be dead meat by now.

However, we still need to be very cautious, which is exactly why Christian called for an ice-cream truck from one of his father's businesses to come and pick us up from the airport.

Nobody would suspect an innocent ice-cream truck, right?

And indeed, I am right.

One by one, we are all dropped off to our houses without a single suspicious car driving behind us. During the ride however, Sabrina manages to comfortably sit very close to Vincent.

From my point of view, a little too close to be deemed casual and 'friendly'. Even worse, Vincent doesn't seem to mind at all.

My eyes avert to Theo, whose eyes are turning green and jaw is clenched. He's not the only one who feels tortured. And I can't tell you who the other person is, because she's too embarassed about it since she's supposed to have gotten over Vincent.

First to be dropped off is Theo and Phoebe, and they are dropped right in front of their familiar grand mansion. Phoebe gives me a big hug and one to Sabrina as well before departing, which magically manages to lighten up my dreadful day.

Much to my suprise, before Theo jumps off the truck, he takes my hand and says, "Don't worry, we will save your father. I promise."

I can literally feel the hot glares of Vincent and Sabrina shooting fire daggers between us. Alright, I can understand why Sabrina feels that way, but what's Vincent's problem?

I swallow, hard. "Thank you so much Theo. I really appreciate it."

He nods, and glimpse at Sabrina so quickly that I almost didn't catch it. OMG, is he using me to make Sabrina jealous? What's with these two using people to make each other jealous?!

Hey, it wouldn't hurt if three can play at that game, right?

I smile charmingly, placing my hand over Theo's. Slowly, I then lean towards him and say, "Sweet dreams, Theo."

Then, ever so subtly, I look over to Vincent who appears as if they have something stuck in their throat. Wow, that was easy... and kind of fun!

Well it was fun... Until I realise what I have just finalised.

A golden ticket to Sabrina's hell-bent wrath!

What have I done? Sabrina's going to kill me! And from the looks of her murderous posture from the corner of my eyes, it's going to be very gory as well. But the fact that Vincent is looking at Theo the same way for a reason that is so hard to search for, leaves me to believe that anything is possible.