6

CH 6 |

My boiling rage has reached 100 degrees Celsius and my sweat is now evaporating. Worst bit is, I'm not even exaggerating.

I try to wriggle out of Vincent's iron grip, but to no avail. The jackass is going to make my hands turn purple!

My eyes narrow venomously at the back of his effortlessly perfect, ruffled blonde hair, wishing that my eyes could shoot real daggers instead of figurative ones. He marches ahead of me, every step laced with confidence and dominance.

My eyebrows furrow. Why does that look so familia─Oh yeah, I used to walk like that once... but in a feminine version of course.

And now look at me. Shy, insecure, outcast and once wasted three years of my life drowning in sorrow for rejecting his lying ass.

It's like we've switched popularities or something. How strange.

Still marching down the corridor with me dragging along, he finally rounds a corner and barges me onto the wall, slamming his hands next to my shoulders on each side. I wince in pain. One can take so many bone crushes in one day!

His god-like body towers over mine and he lowers his face until they're only inches apart. His eyes are like ice-teeth, piercingly cold and staring darkly into my soul. Then he snarls dangerously, "You selfish, heartless prick!"

I nearly gasp, but quickly replace it with a glower and retort back. "You unloyal, sneaky cow!"

For a millisecond he seems to be taken back at my levelled lividity. However, he immediately retrieves back to his coldness, clenches his teeth and leans closer. Our faces now several centimetres apart, which unwillingly sends shivers down my spine.

"You made a fool out of me in front of the entire school, then watched me get beaten up!"

Does he seriously think he's the victim here? I roll my eyes before spitting back, "And you tricked me in front of the entire school in order to impress your friends and you read my diary!"

His throat vibrates from a low grunt and his eyes grow darker. "I tricked you? You tricked me. You said you were in love with me!"

I groan exasperatedly, "Says the one who tricked the whole school by saying he's apparently in love with me!"

I don't know why, but I lean closer in which causes our lips to almost touch. My heartbeat speeds up at the result of it and I suddenly have the urge to just close the teasing gap─oh hell no, don't even think about it Summer. Now's not the time for your stupidity!

Fighting back the urge, my eyes stare right back into his soul with as much fierceness I can muster. I whisper, "Admit it, you're just as bad as I am."

For a few minutes we stare at each other with nothing but hatred and stubbornness. Eventually, he takes a step back and it's only then do I realise how close his body was to mine, the warmth that was radiating off him now leaving me cold and empty, and yearning for it to come back─wait what? Snap out of it, Summer!

He's now standing a few feet away from me, his intense electric eyes not once leaving mine. Then he eyes me down, making me turn into a beetroot and fidget under his gaze. Dammit, why does he have this effect on me?

And then I realise. Now that I'm not trapped by his body, I can escape now! Feeling relieved, I attempt to bolt off, only to be halted by him leaping forward and trapping me by his hands again. I murmur a few profanities under my breath. Urgh.