23

This chapter has been posted specially today for magician15aug 's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKA ❤️ Have a good one! <3 xx

CH 23 |

I scoff and cross my arms at the sight of Vincent holding some random, yet undoubtly so gorgeous model's hand. Since when did he become a womaniser?

At one point as he's stepping down the grand staircase, we make eye contact which instantly causes me to tense up. His eyes rake over me quite slowly before meeting my eyes again with a tiny, microscopic yet detectable smirk on his lips.

Snapping out of my bewilderment, I shake my head and turn around to focus on my own date.

Whatever. Is he trying to make me jealous or something?

Well, it isn't working.

Then why is your heart beating so fast and your cheeks burning so hot that you can sizzle sausages on it?

Curse you, stupid voice in my head.

Scanning my surroundings to find Hamish, my eyes nearly pop out of my sockets when I see Hamish and Aaliyah waltzing on the dancefloor to the pretty, classical music now playing. His eyes are also dancing as he stares at Aaliyah, whose chatting away happily.

I smile automatically. Unbelievable. Who knew convincing Hamish to like girls would be so easy?

Then my smile fades when I realise: great, now I'm dateless.

"Dance with me?"

Or maybe not...

The guy that this voice belongs to immediately sends shivers down my spine. Hesitantly, I turn around to face — and I hate to admit this but — a charming Theo, in a night-blue suit that fits him like a glove.

His eyes meet mine with warmth, playfulness and an amused glint in his eyes. He seems so ordinary, so genuine and innocent. Like he would never be capable of being a secret, underground ninja.

But now that I know that he is such, I can see right through he's little not-so-convincing-anymore innocent act.

His mouth parts a little whilst his gleaming brown eyes surveys my outfit. "Wow you look... Beautiful."

My betraying body blushes madly at his stupid compliment. I scan him back, before carefully remarking, "I suppose you look not bad yourself."

I lied. He looks pretty fine, but no way am I letting him know that I think that. He has something that is incredibly important to my dad and thanks to him stealing it, he's now provided my dad with sleepless nights and unbearable stress.

How he managed to disappear from that window-less, locked room is still beyond me.

But no matter how indefeatable this ninja is, even if he has superpowers, I need to get the documents back.

He grins adorably — not that I think it's adorable, just judging by a third-person point of view — and steps closer towards me before inquiring, "Well, will you dance with his supposively not-bad looking man?"

I glare at him subtly. I don't know, should I? What if dancing with him is part of some sort of scheme he's planning? However, on the other hand, this is a great opportunity to get some hints of the whereabouts of the documents out of him...

I force a bright smile on my face as I teasingly reply, "Why not?"

Because you're a deadly ninja with illegal intentions.