20

Apologies for the late update! I've been busy working on my book, "Riley & the Boxers" and guess what? It's now completed, whoop! :D Now all my focus can be on the Popularity Switch lol yaaaay! ;)

Anyways, enjooy! xx

CH 20 |

I shut the door just in time as Phoebe and Theo run pass. Phew, that was close!

"Uh, why are we hiding from Phoebe and Theo?" Vincent whispers into my ear from behind me, sending me chills and somehow giving me deja-vu. Strange, I can't pinpoint from where though...

"That's none of your beeswax!" I snap, looking through the small glass window on the door to see if Phoebe and Theo are still roaming around the corridor.

"You were spying on them weren't you?" Vincent speaks as if he's stating more than questioning. Surprised that he guessed so easily, I remain quiet. He snickers. "I knew it. You never really changed."

Alright, so I might've had a teeny bit of a spying habit when I was younger... And maybe it's come back recently with the whole spying-on-Vincent-with-a-flying-camera thing and now the spying-on-Theo-and-Phoebe...

But hey! Spying does not make me a bad person! It just makes me a very curious one.

"What's where you're wrong." I state through my gritted teeth. "You don't know me."

"Oh but I do." Vincent replies as-a-matter-of-factly, poking my nose. "I know your type of people very well."

"Oh, and I know 'your type of people' really well too." I strike back, stepping towards him as I say, "Can't believe you'd lie to me in front of the school just to look cool, Mr Attention Seeker!"

Vincent laughs, finding my words ridiculous. "Oh wow, hypocrite much? Can't believe you humiliate me in front of the entire school just to look cool!"

He's right, but heck am I going to let him win! I narrow my eyes in a dangerous way. "You're such a user!"

"And you're such a faker!"

"Try-hard!"

"Manipulator!"

"You're the manipulator!" I hissed back. "You said you liked me!"

"As if I'd ever like you." He seethes, the stone coldness of his heart reflecting through his eyes. Ouch.

Shielding how hurt I am, I smile anything but sweetly. "Good. Because you're not going to like this!"

Launching on my tippy-toes, I grab the bucket on the left shelf and swiftly place it over his head, my fists giving him a good thump over it. I pat my hands together, smiling in satisfaction. "There we go. Wow, this bucket really suits you!"

Then I dash for the door, pulling the knob to run away as fast as possible. Well, that was my initial plan. Unfortunately, however, that doesn't exactly happen...

Whilst opening the knob, Vincent somehow grabs my collar and pulls me back so roughly that my head bangs into his bucket head.

"Ow!" We simultaneously whine, rubbing our heads to ease the pain. Well technically, I rub my head whilst Vincent rubs the bucket, hoping that it'll somewhat aid it.