12

Another late chapter. Agh, sue meee!

Dedicated to:
@Manasvini55
&
@clara62757
<3 <3 <3

OMG there is so many errors & poor grammar/punctuation, sorry! I'll edit it when I get the time :)

CH 12 |

"Helloooo?" Theo sings, snapping me back to reality.

I stare at his amused face, in which his lips are adorably curved up into a smirk. I blink hastily in hopes that it'll make me focus. My eyes then steer onto the plate of untouched food in front of me that is staring back at me with pleading complexions.

I really want to eat, I really really do but after what just happened, I cannot bring myself too. I feel so rude, especially since Theo is paying for it but it can't be helped. I've lost my will after my near-death experience only fifteen minutes ago. Ironically, it's eating me alive!

Especially that ninja-boy. Who is he? Why on earth did he let me go? What did he want from me? Is this a trick or something? Did he just release me because I was crying and he felt sorry, but he's going to come back for me soon?

If I had a choice to eat anything in the world for dinner, it'll be the answer to these questions.

"Hi, sorry." I smile sheepishly, fiddling with the amazingly presented food. I feel so guilty about the fact that I've been trancing about the whole kidnapped-situation for the past fifteen minutes whilst he's been talking and trying to make a conversation. Wow, my first date and this is how it ends up being like.

He tilts his head. "Are you okay? I just asked you a question and you answered with 'awesome!'."

I close my eyes in attempt to remain calm and not strangle myself, before responding. "Theo I'm so sorry. I guess I'm just really tired."

No lie, I truly am very tired. In fact when I closed my eyes for a split second just then, I was about to fall sleep.

"Oh man, you did look pretty shaken when I saw you."

I nod my head. "Yeah, I had a pretty rough day."

Theo looks down in thought, then returns to me with a concerned face. "Then let's continue this date another day. C'mon, let me take you home."

Sheesh, why is he so sweet? I shake my head vigorously. "No, no, I'm okay, I'm okay!" I pull my dish closer towards me and start forcefully digging in, hoping that it looks genuine to him. With a full mouth I say, "Besides, I'm really full and... I have a few questions to ask you."

He laughs, digging into his own food. "Shoot."

Swiftly, I ask the first thing that comes to my head. "Do you know anything about real-life ninjas?"

As soon as the words come out of my mouth, food comes out of his. He explodes with pieces of food into his plate (luckily) and glares at me with wide eyes for a moment of moments. When he recovers, he wipes away the food on his chin and queries back, "How on Earth do you know about the Ninjas?"

"The Ninjas?" I repeat in the same voice he significantly said it in. "So they are a thing."

Theo snorts, taking a drink of his water. "Yeah, no kidding. Apparently they work in a private organisation for a man with more money than people in this world. But nobody knows who he is. There's no records of him, no name, no identity — he might not even exist for all we know. Actually, the only reason how we know he's real is because he runs this super-secret organisation that's like the king of all underground businesses. Same thing goes for his people, the Ninjas. The only thing known about them is that they're mad good at what they do, and that they are specially selected by the man himself."