41

Woah aren't I on a roll with my frequent updates, aye? ;)

Since it's the holidays, I'll be updating every 2-3 days from now on :) x

But just a heads up — they will be around 2000-2500 words, so pretty short! But what would you prefer: short chapters and quicker updates, or long chapters and slower updates?

Haha please do let me know! Enjoooy xx

CH 41 |

"You could've told me you had a boyfriend." Nelson murmurs, kicking the rocks off the pavement as we walk up the street. "I would've never had gone on a date with you."

"Would you have still helped me get into Levi's house?"

Nelson falls silent, clearly indicating that he wouldn't.

"Exactly."

He stops walking and turns to me with determination in his eyes. "I still like you, Summer. And I know you like me back, since you're the only person who laughs at my jokes."

"Er, believe me, that's not why I laugh at your jokes—"

"—It is, you just don't know it. Today I'll prove to you that we perfect for each other, and that Vincent-trashbag is not."

"Tell that asswipe to shut the hell up or I'll come down there and personally shut him up." Vincent growls through the earpiece that is clipped behind my ear.

"You shutup!" I hiss back at him.

"Woah, alright." Nelson takes a step back, looking at me with a mix of confusion and fear.

"Oh not you, the um... fly." I laugh unnaturally, crazily waving my hands in the air. "You know, those annoying, buzzing things! Anyways, let's not talk and just stick to the deal, yeah?"

"Yeah, alright." He clears his throat, before continuing to walk beside me, with a little more space than before. Well, I'm definitely not complaining.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, we arrive at the giant and intimidating gates of Levi's mansion. My heart races as Nelson presses on the doorbell. I can already tell they have a pretty tight security system, just like Jai had said.

Crap! What am I doing? I'm entering the house of the man who sent his army to kidnap me for crying out loud! Do I have a deathwish?!

"Kind of, but for a good cause." Vincent's care-free voice booms through the earpiece. Damn it, I spoke my thoughts out loud again. "Besides don't worry, they won't notice you. The boys did a pretty good job in making you into a boy."

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that? I'm currently dressed up as a boy so just in case Levi's father is present today, he won't recognise me and then kill me.

I fix up the angle of my cap, making sure that it hides atleast half of my face.

"Who is it?" A harsh, deep voice demands through the speaker above the doorbell. I can already tell he isn't a very friendly person.

"Nelson Hanks, Levi's calculus tutor."

"And who is the lanky kid you got there with ya?"