19

It's been a looong day,
Without you my friends.
And I'll tell you about TPS
When I upload again. :)

... Which is right now!! Chapter 19, right here, for you to eat. Enjoooy xx

CH 19 |

For the second time today, you have got to be kidding me.

Vincent and Theo, here together to volunteer at the same shelter Phoebe and I are volunteering at. Wow, what a mad coincidence.

Phoebe crosses her arms, eyeing the two (especially Theo) like she's trying to put the puzzle pieces together. Turns out she was as she inquires, "Let me guess — community service is your punishment?"

Theo sighs and nods. "Yup. Why else would I be here? You know I hate dogs."

Phoebe grits her teeth, shooting him a knowing glare. "Too bad I didn't know you were such an idiot!"

My eyes flicker between the two suspiciously. Does Phoebe also know that Theo's one of the 'Ninjas'?

Vincent, who is standing a little behind us three, snickers in approval. For a second I had an itch to tilt my head and look at him, but luckily I resisted.

A few moments of silence follows shortly after, before Casey clears her throat. "Um, so like, you all know each other?"

Everyone shouts a yes, but I shout a big fat, "no!"

Why did I say that? Well, you see, because I actually don't. I thought I knew Theo, and that we might've had a little something going on, but now all that has vanished by this crazy new discovery.

Phoebe shoots me a confused look, and I just shrug, and secretly shoot a pointed look at Theo. Luckily, he didn't notice that I did.

Casey once again breaks the silence by clearing her throat. "Alrighty then... So you two—" she indicates towards Phoebe and I, "—will be giving these two basic training. I would do it, but I have important matters to manage so... yeah. Phoebe, you're with Theo and Summer is with Vincent. Capish?"

Ummm.... WHAT?!

My eyes automatically avert to Vincent's, whose staring back at me blankly. I quickly look away, and close my eyes for a split second as I mutter a few sweet profanities under my breath.

Now for the third time today: You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

This is bad. This is really really bad! I'm supposed to be avoiding Vincent — removing him out of my brain and my life! But how am I supposed to do that now when life keeps throwing him back at me?!

All four of us nod at Casey, mine being very reluctantly, and she smiles sweetly and obliviously back at us before walking off.

A few moments of silence passes by, and within these moments Phoebe and Theo are having a stare-off and Vincent's eyes are piercing through the back of my head. Talk about intense...

At last, Phoebe breaks the painful silence. "Follow me. You have a lot of explaining to do, young man." She whispers through her clenched teeth, grabbing Theo's arm and dragging him down the hallway.

Oh, how lovely. Vincent and I are left alone now.

"You still volunteer at animal shelters?" Vincent's stupid low voice asks with such disbelief that I nearly turn around and punch his face square.

"Well nah-duh," I spit back sarcastically, not even bothering to turn around. Instead, I begin walking forward, expecting him to follow behind me. "Why else would I be here?"