39

OMG. You guys' reactions to the previous chapter killed me! xD

But don't worry, I've come back alive to write this chapter for you all. ;)

Thank you guys so much for your priceless reactions that made my day significantly better! But hey, don't stop now, please keep on sharing your opinions! :D

CH 39 |

Biting my lip almost painfully, I slow down my walking pace even more to avoid falling into step with Vincent, so then I don't have to talk to him. For some reason, Vincent is also walking slower than usual, as if he wants to fall in step with me, so then he can talk to me.

Little does he know that the only reason I don't want to talk to him is because my face resembles a red balloon right now, caused by that simple action he had accomplished merely ten minutes ago.

That simple action that has now made everything so complicated.

Darn it! How am I supposed to get over him now?

I know that he kissed me so then Nelson could back off, but little does he know that it means so much to me than I want it to. It caused my heart to run wild, my lips craving more and my face to adopt a new skin colour — red. And the fact that all three symptoms are still ongoing even though it's been ten minutes, makes me feel like a hopeless idiot.

Surely enough, his 'boyfriend' act made Nelson literally take a step back, and quickly leave after that. However, Vincent made sure that the deal is still on. After Nelson left, I couldn't even bring myself to glance at Vincent, and I knew he wanted to say something but held his tongue.

I'm glad he did. My voice-box isn't working normally after that kiss.

The entire walk back to Vincent's house is ear-piercing silent. When we arrive at the front door, the silence is finally broken.

Vincent spins around and his eyes study me. However, my eyesight is glued to my shoes, for I just can't look at him, and I can still feel the mad blush on my cheeks.

"Summer..." He calls my name softly, and just that is enough to send pleasant shivers down my spine. "Summer. Look at me."

I don't dare look at him, my hands clenching and unclenching from how tensed and nervous I feel under his stare.

Suddenly, his thumb and index finger lifts my chin up, lingering there for a moment too long before shoving his hands into his pockets.

His electric blue eyes roam over my face before he smirks. "Wow, you're still blushing."

"Shutup." I growled, lowering my head down once again. Jerk.

He laughs heartily, lifting my chin up again so then his eyes can meet mine again. "Sunny, I need to tell you something."

Sunny? I think my heart has just been ignited on fire.

"Y-yes?" I croke out, internally trying to tame my wild emotions.

"I-I—" He pauses, running a hand through his perfect mob of golden hair. "—I'm sorry."

I know exactly what he was apologising for just by the look in his eyes: the incident of which caused our best-friendship to tear self-destruct. We were both carrying bombs, and we both threw them at our friendship; Vincent using me to impress his friends, whilst I humiliated him in front of the entire school. I think it's safe to say (or maybe not so safe) that my bomb was a little bigger than his.