10

Dedicated to:
@MaiLanDang7
&
@Roxyl2468
<3 <3 <3

CH 10 |

Hamish Blair just stares at me.

And so does his entire gang; they watch me wide-eyed, looking weirded out of their wits and just plain disgusted.

Will is standing as still as a statue behind me, his reaction is ambiguous. However, I can practically feel the second-hand embarrassment radiating off him.

And as for me?

I'm smiling.

But inside, I'm dying out of embarrassment and am ready to crawl into a deep deep hole and never come out ever again.

Heck, I don't even know why I'm smiling. I mean judging by everyone's faces ─ I just farted a gas that the U.S army can happily make lethal bombs out of, in front of the school's most dangerous group of boys ─ and now I'm smiling. My eyes are even squinting due to how humongous my smile is, and I'm even batting my eyelashes a tad bit.

They must think I'm a complete psychopath.

And I'm right, they do. Well at least Hamish does. Because when my 'best shot' finally hits him, his jaw plummets down so wide that I can see his tonsils from where I'm standing (which is about three metres away), whilst his emerald-green eyes are still trying to comprehend what they just witnessed.

A girl farting.

How scandalous.

Seconds after, the rest of the boys explode with hysterical laughter, clutching their stomach and wiping their tears and all. Because of this, my smile drops and my face turns into the lovely shade of capsicum-red, as per usual these days. But when Hamish recovers from his bewildered state and starts sauntering towards me, both my heart and face feel like they're about to burn into ashes.

"Hey Summer," Will hisses into my ear in a hushed manner, the panic seeping through his voice. "Run!"

"Good idea!" I whisper back as he grabs my arm and pulls me along with him, my eyes still unwillingly glued onto Hamish's unreadable ones that are glaring right back at me.

So off we go, sprinting for our lives with Operation: Popularity Switch out of my mind. I mean why would it be anyway? I've failed epically. My mission was to prove to Hamish that I, a girl, am just as bad-ass as him ─ not a freaking skunk.

I was supposed to make a good impression, not scar him for life.

I sigh, resisting the urge to smack myself repeatedly. Surely there's another way to get back at Vincent, right?

My stomach clenches painfully. Well er, I'll discuss this further after another trip to the toilet...

Remembering why exactly I have an upset stomach, and the root of the cause of me farting memorably in the first place, I grunt under my breath, feeling my hands ball into tight fists. Curse you, Vincent Taylor. Curse you!

▽▽▽▽▽

When I get back home, the first thing I do is rush into the toilet and cater to my butt. After that, I flick on my phone and dial up Phoebe's number, in which she answers almost immediately.

"Well, well, well?" Phoebe demands excitedly. "Did anything happen─"

"The worst of the worst happened." I break the news to her, sighing as I walk into the kitchen in the hunt for food, although I'm fully aware that it's not going to stay in my stomach for very long. "We're going to have to come up with a bigger and better plan."