32

Somebody hand me an award for this quick update! ;D

CH 32 |

Suddenly there is a loud bang on the richly secured doors of the HQ, causing all of us to scream like we were starring in Scream 6. I think Theo's is the most high-pitched, much to all of our surprise.

However and once again, all except Vincent, who remains calm and tells us to, "Shut the hell up! What are you's, little girls?" He looks pointedly at Theo.

Theo frowns and Sabrina and Phoebe try to suppress her laughter, however failing epically.

I on the other hand, am laughing on the inside and am about to pee my pants due to sheer fear on the outside.

"W-we're too late, they're already here!" I sputter, my voice trembling with fright.

Vincent hops onto his laptop and starts typing furiously on it.

"Er, what the hell are you doing? This isn't time for researching, it's time to get the hell out of here!" Theo points out in an obvious tone.

"There's no need." Vincent smirks, twisting his laptop to face the screen at us. "Look who they sent to get us."

The screen displays the view of the security camera outside the HQ door, of which Hamish and his gang are impatiently there, arms crossed over their chests and smug looks smothering their faces.

"That guy!" Sabrina shouts, pointing an accusing finger at Hamish. "I barely know him but I swear, he has a girl problem or something! He acts like I don't even exist!"

"Want to talk to him?"

Sabrina grins childishly. "Heck yeah! But I won't, because that would be giving away the fact that there are more than one of us here."

Wow, what a smart cookie.

I can make out a soft, impressed smile on Theo's face before it's instantly wiped off when Sabrina looks at him. Phoebe seems to have noticed it as well, and once again be both share a look. This is going to be a sweet topic of conversation later.

Vincent clicks his tongue. "You're right. Do not even move a muscle, I'm going to speak with them." He presses a key on the keyboard and smirks boyishly before saying, "Hey lads, what brings you all down to my little crib?"

Hamish raises his brow in questioning before purposely clearing his throat. "Don't you mean our little crib?"

Of course — how did I not realise this before? The gang are the mysterious members that used to hold meetings here!

Vincent gasps dramatically in fake realisation, before sarcastically replying, "Oh yeah, that's right! I forgot we were once on the same team."

"We still are, mate." Hamish corrects him, taking all of us by surprise.

"We're here to help, bro." Jai pipes in with a boyish grin plastered on his face. With his golden-brown skin, hazel almond eyes and floppy pitch-black hair, you could say he is the brown replica of Leonardo Dicaprio. Aaliyah had told me that he is of Indian descent, and that he's also some sort of technical genius and hacking king. He then continues to speak. "I simplified C.H.A.N's hacking system for you and placed a tracking device in that CD so then we could find you and help destroy C.H.A.N, after we fooled them into thinking that we were loyal Ninjas of course by fighting you guys at Meera's party."