17

OMG. This is the longest I've ever kept you guys waiting & I AM SO SO SORRY!!

I know this is like my every author's note these days, but seriously I am so so sorry for leaving you guys for THREE weeks!! What the hell, Yumna?!

I also wanna say thank you guys sooo much for being so patient and supportive! It means the world to me, but at the same time makes me feel even more guiltier because you all are so patient & don't deserve to be abandoned like this. Shame on me!

Hehe nevertheless, I hope you enjoooy this chappy, even though its kind of short... sorry bout that too. :):

CH 17 |

The next morning, I wake up right on the edge of my bed with a quilt wrapped around my body like a cocoon. However, my mind is not aware of the fact that my body is barely balancing on the left edge of the bed until I roll over and land on the floor with a massive thump.

That's not even the sad bit—my injured knee violently smacks onto the floor during the landing too, and in return I scream, a tear trickling down my cheeks.

Great. Just great.

Biting my lip to bleeding point and mentally preparing myself, I take a glimpse at my knee-wound and damn did I not prepare myself enough. It is now oozing with blood, seeping through the bandage wrap. Squirming due to the pain, I hoist myself up into a crouching position and quickly glimpse at my alarm clock.

10:30AM. Oh well that's okay, I have enough time to aid my knee and get ready for sch—

My eyes flash back onto the clock.

Holy shoes, it's 10:30AM! That means... I'm one and a half hours late for school!

Oh yeah, I'm still good at maths. Alright fine, maybe that's pretty easy to calculate but please, give me a break! I woke up on the wrong side of the bed — literally!

I shoot up, but then instantly regret it. Because not only have I just straightened my wound, causing me to start balling my eyes out of increased pain but also cracked my joint behind it. And I'll leave you to imagine how gory that must've been.

This day cannot possibly get any wors—okay I should really stop saying that, because we all know that whenever I do, the day gets worse.

I sigh deeply. You know what I need? A shift at my new favourite animal shelter to ease my stress. It is truly my happy place; the only place that can flip my frowns up-side down.

Mentally noting that down, I hop my way into the kitchen and grab the first-aid kit that's already sitting on the island counter from using it last night. I hoist myself onto a stool, lay my leg onto the stool beside me and start first-aiding... or whatever you call it.

Unfortunately, in the midst of doing so, my phone rings. I groan, feeling pretty annoyed at the fact that I'm currently concentrating harder than I've ever had on a test to carefully mend my throbbing, stinging, burning — you name it, and it's most likely the pain I'm feeling right now—knee, and I'm interrupted by... some unknown number?!

I place my phone back onto the counter. Nuh-uh, no way am I picking up the phone. What if it's a serial killer like the one from 'Scream' movie? Why would I risk it?

My phone starts ringing again. But I don't answer. Then it's begins again, and again until I finally give up and answer it. "What?!" I snap aggressively, instantly regretting it. Please don't be a serial killer, or that kidnapper from the other day—

"Hello Summer."

The next thing I know, I'm flying out of my chair and screaming for my dear life. My knee is now on a whole another level of pain, but I don't care. The voice didn't belong to a serial killer at all. It is much worser than that — the voice belongs to Hamish Blair!