40

I'm so sorry guys, I haven't updated since last year. :(

*snorts out with laughter* Gotcha!!

Oh man, I'm so original :')

Anywhoos enjoooy! xx OH and Happy New Year!! <33

*GUYS THIS BOOK IS #111 ON HUMOUR RIGHT NOW! AHHH! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN SO THEN IT CAN KEEP RISING! THANK YOU LOVELIES SO MUCH xx

CH 40 |

The next Saturday morning, I wake up on a surface that is ten times harder than any floor I have ever woken up on.

Fluttering my eyes open, I gasp in surprise at Wendy's face very close to my face, watching me and something below me with pure adoration glistening in her eyes.

I look down to see that it's not something that's below me, but someone. Oh my God, I fell asleep on Vincent's chest. When did that happen?

As if on cue, Vincent's eyes slowly open and he jumps in surprise when his eyes land on his mom vandalising his personal breathing space.

She stares at us with a huge grin plastered on her face before she releases a ear-bleeding squeal. "Just look at you two! knew you would be best friends again!"

I shriek off Vincent and sit up in the sofa awkwardly. Best friends? Not exactly. I don't know what we are, but it's definitely more than that.

Vincent smiles at her mum before nervously replying. "That's right — best friends."

It was so obvious that Vincent is blatantly lying, but Wendy seems to be shocked by something else.

"Oh my gosh sweetie, are you smiling?!" She gasps, pinching Vincent's cheeks. She then turns to me with a grateful smile, her eyes threatening to spill tears. "Summer you are a true blessing! Thank you so much!" She then engulfs me into a deoxydising hug.

Somehow I manage to confusedly choke out, "What for?"

"For providing him with enough warmth to act like a human again! Oh my, does your name suit you. Thank you, I haven't seen him truly smile in years."

"Oh." I choke out. "N-No worries."

Finally she releases me and claps her hands together excitedly. "Alright, get dressed you two best buds, I'm going to make an extra special breakfast!" She prances out of the room, humming to herself happily.

My stomach churns with guilt for practically lying to her. She thinks we're best friends, but obviously to me Vincent is much more than that. The question is... What are we?

Before I can question him, he gets up and says, "Alright, we've got a big day today. We need to meet the gang at Hamish's place in approximately—" He looks at his watch. "—Thirty-two minutes and seven seconds."

I roll my eyes. There he goes again with the precise timing.

"When did Nelson say he was going to take you?" He clenches his jaw, seemingly bothered by Nelson.

"Around 2PM."

"Good, that'll give us more time to teach you some secret combat moves that Theo taught me."