Living In The Shadows

Shadow's POV

I jump from tree to tree deeper into the Shadow Clan territory. Then I jump onto the highest tree and climb. A house appear in sight as I climb higher into the tree. Home, sweet home, I guess. I open the door and got into the house. "Calling all slugs!!!", I call out my slugs. I took of my hood and then my mask. I let my black raven hair, which is braided down onto my left shoulder. I took off my jacket, which has my hood and mask attach to it and put it on the coat rack. As I sat on the couch, my slugs appear. 

After nearly a month I left the Shane Gang, I was getting a bit better, but not as best as I used to be. That's right, it's me, Nurul binti Mohd Amirul, the daughter of Elan Star, an old member of the Shane Gang, a great slugsliger and an ex-girlfriend of Eli Shane. I have been living with the Shadow Clan ever since I left. I got some training from the Shadow Clan, which they keep calling me, Star Child. 

I wonder what my siblings are doing. I feel bad for leaving them. If I leave them forever, I ended up just like my mom. I played with my slugs for a while and then some members of the Shadow Clan appear in front of me. I guess it's time to train. I got up from the couch and the Shadow Clan teleport us out of the house and to the training field.

The Shadow Clan are always trains me in slugslinging. The make me train at least three times a day. It's actually not that bad. They test my mental and physical skills. If my motions got the better of me, I mean what teenager wouldn't have motion problems. Anyway, if they did, they calm by using an exercise they made me do. It actually works.

They said they wanted to train me, so I let them train me. They tested my accuracy, reflexes, agility, quick thinking and much more. I'm getting stronger everyday. If the Shane Gang came by my area, they would lead them away. I always go out to buy some food. So, I dress up like just now. Many called me Shadow, cause I always appear and disappeared in the shadows. Well now I'm the master of stealth.

Well back at the training grounds, which the Shadow Clan build for me, I was waiting for the Shadow Leader to appear. When he arrives, I put on my bracelet, which he gave me since the day I met them.

"Alright, Star Child today we will test you speed and how fast you are to load a slug into the blaster and fired it", said the Shadow Leader.

I took a deep breath and said, "I'm ready".

Then the Shadow Clan started firing slugs at a high speed rate. I dodge every attack, but I didn't manage to fire a slug not even loading one.

While I was dodging, the Shadow Leader said, "You must focus and look for a different view".

A different view? Now I got it. I have to find and opening. I manage to stop a slug with my blaster and quickly loaded Flare and fired towards the Shadow Clan. Flare transforms and created a fire wall. The Shadow Leader put out the fire and came to me.

"Well done, Star Child. You have pass the training", he said.

"So what's next?", I ask.

"No that is it. You may have the rest of the day off, Star Child".

"Thanks, I need to go into town get some food. For me and the slugs".

"You are like the son of Shane, Star Child".

I then became sad and said, "Thanks, I guess. I just need to get my jacket and.....", then one of the Shadow Clan have my jacket in their hands. "Oh thank you", I said as I grab my jacket and put it on.

Then I put on my hood and mask and walk into the shadows.