Christmas Wish

Eli's POV

I woke up and look beside my bed to see an empty space there. I guess nur already woke up, I looked at the calendar and I noticed it was a few days before Christmas. I sighed heavily as I remembered the last time I celebrated Christmas. I miss everything about Christmas, I still remembered my family tradition of putting the star on top of the Christmas tree when the clock stroke midnight on Christmas day. I felt a drop of water rolling down my cheek as I remembered my last Christmas with my dad when I was a kid. He would always made do the honors of putting the star on the tree, but now, I joined the Muslims to be with my beautiful wife and kids. And in their rules they were forbidden to celebrate Christmas.

I sighed heavily on the bed and looked at the ceiling until there was a knock on the door.

"Eli," said my wife at the door, "breakfast is ready".

"Coming," I said as I got out of bed, took a quick shower and put on my usual Shanes attire.

I walked down the steps and to the kitchen where I see my family eating, chatting and laughing. I saw Nurul trying to feed the twins without making a mess. I smiled at how patient and kind she took care of my kids. I hugged her from behind and helped her feed the twins as she put a stack of my favorite blueberry pancakes on the table.

After feeding the twins, Nurul, took them to the main room to play. I sat down and ate my pancakes, I look at everyone enjoying themselves. Twist and Sora were happily feeding their 3 year old son, Mirul. Bake and Adam as usual flirting with their girlfriends, Yuki and Nia. Kord, Pronto and Trixie were enjoying Nur's cooking.

As I was eating, Trixie then spoke, "Hey Eli, I found a strange file in the computer, I can't opened it because it had a password and it had a note that said for Eli".

"Another letter from my dad I guess," I sadly said.

"Bro are you okey? It looks like something is troubling you?" Adam asked.

"No, nothing is wrong with me, I'm just tired that's all".

All of them nodded and continued their breakfast. I finished up mine and walked to the computer to open the file. I saw my daughter, Eryn, hugging a stuff replica of Burpy, that Nur made for her and my son, Ammar, playing with his toy planes. They were just a year old, I hope I could hear their first words.

I opened up the file and tried to figure out the password. I typed in midnight and it opened the file, I wonder why dad put midnight as a password. I shrugged it off and opened the file. Inside was all the Christmas photos when I was a kid. I hold back the tears from rolling down my cheeks. Every picture was something special to me.

"Is that what Christmas looks like?" a voice asked. I turn around to see Nur holding Eryn.

"Yeah, I still remember the time I went sledding with my dad".

"On 'poopy pants' ?" she asked as she laughed. I cursed my dad for putting that a password when we were looking for the water elemental.

"Hahaha, yeah, we also had a tradition, when at midnight of Christmas we put the star on top of the Christmas tree".

"Sounds like fun, but too bad we can't celebrate Christmas".

"True, but I'm already happy with my wife and kids," I picked up Ammar.

He was giggling when I picked him up. He reminded me of myself, happy during Christmas. I sighed as I wish I could celebrate Christmas for one last time.

Nurul's POV

I saw Eli sighed when he looked at Ammar. I had a feeling that he wanted to celebrate Christmas one last time. I looked the calendar, 23 December 2018. I smiled as I had time to grant my husband's wish.