The visitor

"Sometimes there is no place to hide." -Me
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Ohh Taylor honey, you know you could of gotten a better place than this." She says looking around.

"Well this is the only place I could afford right now and I happen to like it."
I say annoyed by her presence.

"You know you could always come back to us."

I'd rather die than go back there.

"You know I can't go back there." I say sitting down on my dusty couch.

She sighs and looks at me.

"You know I'm only trying to look out for you." She says in an annoying high voice while taking off her gloves.

"By what, controlling my life?"

She lets out a long breath, walks towards the couch and sits down uncomfortably.
I haven't cleaned the place yet, so it's a bit dusty here and there.

"Anyways that's not the reason I'm here, Rob's having a party this Friday. It's a celebration for his recent partnership with the Coopers and we would like you to be there."

"I'm busy this Friday." I say tiredly not even considering going, like hell I'd go.

"Taylor this is the third time you've turned down our invitation."

"Is it money? If that's the issue you know I ca-"

"I don't want your money okay!" I shout at her angrily.

She's starting to piss me off now.

"You know Rob is starting to question your sudden disappearance and we're all worried about you. I don't know if this your way of dealing with your mother's death or not but it's killing you! You lock yourself away from the entire world and hate everyone that's trying to help you! Everyone who cares about you!"

She shouts at me. This is the first time that she has ever mentioned my mother. Her sister. She suddenly becomes stiff and I find it in me to not fight with her today.

"Just go okay, I don't want Rob to be upset, you know how he is when he's upset."

The last time I saw him was at the funeral. Rob likes to control things, people including aunt Laura, I'm sure he sent her here. Aunt Laura praises the man, never steps out of line when she's with him, always trying to please him.
She's his puppet and I fucking hate it. He's the reason why my mother was involved in drugs and was severley depressed. He told me that if i told anyone of the things he was doing he'd skin me alive.

I can still hear the women's cries for help and melody of the piano..

I never told anyone about that night till this day, the man's the devil himself.
As I grew older he started looking at me in ways that scared me, that's one of the reason I moved out of that hell hole. Everyone knew what he did for a living but no one knew the things he did in the dark. The different ways he'd torture people and force me to watch. He'd say I'm his doll, I never knew what that meant or what it was but the way he'd say it could burn down a whole city. He was possessed, nothing but the devil's pawn. I don't even know how I survived in that place. I was never allowed to go outside, never have friends, not even a pet. I only had myself to entertain and I had to learn to live with that.

"I'll go." I say my voice shaky.

I noticed that she's wearing a lot of make-up today..

"Good. I'll send the dress on Thursday, arrange for a make-up and hair team to come on Friday."

I remain silent and stare at the wall behind her, still deep in thought. She gets up, straightens her dress and walks towards the door without saying another word. I hear her open the door and suddenly stops.

"Ohh and Taylor, please be safe. He's always watching." She says before walking out.