Shadows

"Never trust anyone, not even your own shadow"- Unknown
•••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's quiet and dark even though it's still the early hours of the morning. The dark sky is full of twinkling starts with the full moon as if it's calling on to the creatures of the night to reveal their true selves. I lean my head on the window and take in this moment. Luca is seated beside me his eyes on his phone that's lighting up his face. His eyebrows are creased in focus to whatever his looking at and his hair is still ruffled. I grabbed the first thing I found in the drawer which was a black shirt that has brown stains on it and a pair of ripped jeans which Luca threw on my bed before we left. The jeans smell old.. like he randomly picked them from one of those girls wardrobe, probably Fiona. The shirt I'm currently wearing smells like shit and I'm guessing has also been randomly selected for me.

I notice the light of his phone go off and the sudden confusion on his face. He presses it again trying to turn it on but still nothing.

"It's probably flat."I say flatly.

It suddenly vibrates twice and a red light suddenly flashes at the top of the phone but it's still off. If I didn't know any better I'd say-

"Someone's following us."

Someone bugged his phone and is now tracking us down.

He presses a button to lower the barrier that's separating us from the driver but it doesn't go down.

"Shit." He says hitting it with his fist.

He then turns around and presses the the button to lower the window but it's locked. The doors are locked as well and they won't open and that's when it hits me. We're being ambushed.

I suddenly sit up and start to panic. The fact that even he doesn't seem to know what's happening isn't settling, for all you know we could be driving towards our death.

He bends and takes something out, it's a box. He opens it and in it there are three silver guns. He takes out the first one and puts it behind him in his pocket and takes out the two inserting in the bullets. His movements are a quick and deadly as if each and every second counts. He still keeps his composure intact never showing a single emotion. His face looks stern and serious as if he's going through what might happen next.

He then takes out a small piece of object made up of metal and puts it on the top of the car. I look outside the window trying to spot anything but all I see is darkness.

"We're slowing down." I say my body starting to tense and fearing the unknown.

He looks up and meets my gaze as if it's the first time he's noticing that I'm here.

"Give me a gun." I say challenging him.

He looks at me briefly as if reading me.

"No." He simply says and holds the two guns.

"We don't know what to expect when we get out so the least you could do is hand me a gun."

The car suddenly comes to a halt and I think my heart stops beating in that very second.

He presses the button of the object that he put on top and it slowly starts counting down.

He puts the one gun in his other pocket and the other in his jacket.

7

6

5

"As soon as they open the door jump out and start running." He says his voice suddenly loosing it's calmness.

The doors are suddenly unlocked and I hear the front door being opened. Everything suddenly stops and the sound of my door handle being pulled is the only thing that seems to be real.

4

3

2

As soon as it opens I jump out and feel my body hit the hard tar road and Luca jumps out on his side. The next thing heard is the sound of guns being fired and people shouting.

BAM!!

The car we were once in suddenly explodes into pieces and I quickly try to scramble away from the fire that is now starting. My knee is in pain due to my hard landing on the ground. I look up to see three black cars surrounding us and a bunch of men in suits shooting. My body feels numb and I can't feel anything.

"Take the girl!" I hear one of them shout causing me to look up.

It's still dark and everything is blurry but I can still hear the distant sound of bullets being shot. I suddenly feel someone grip my arm roughly and pull me up.

"Come on let's go."

I try to stand still holding onto him. He holds me against his chest still trying to shoot our attackers.

He stops shooting and wraps both of his arms around me pulling me behind the car which is now blazing with fire. My body meets the cold grass and Luca rests my head on his knee.

"They shot you." He says harshly taking out a knife and cutting his shirt.

BAM!

BAM!

Two more gun shots are fired while he wraps the strip of his shirt around my thigh to try and stop the blood. As soon as he raises his hand towards my shoulder that's when I notice the amount of blood on his hands. He takes another strap and wraps it around my arm which I didn't realise was also shot.

"Drop your weapons!" I hear someone shout from the other side.

Luca immediately turns around and starts shooting. I suddenly hear the sound of more cars arriving and Luca curse.

We're trapped.

"You have five seconds to get away from the car!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

●●●●●

Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!!!! 😉😉😉
What's gonna happen next, will they make it out alive??

And who are these people.......

Please don't forget to vote and comment 😊😊

I wanted to leave you guys on a cliff hanger....😉