Shelter

"I have trouble telling people how I feel." -Unknown
••••••••••••••••••••••

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

I suddenly hear the sound of a car's engine roaring towards us. I lift up my head to see a red ferrari speeding our way and spins, stopping with its doors facing us. The front door opens and I see the last perspn I expected to see with a smile on his face.

"Get in!" He shouts taking out a gun and shooting the men who are currently shooting us.

The fire is becoming bigger and bigger and the car will explode any moment. I feel like everything is slowing down and can hear just an echo of everything that's happening. I'm soon taken back to the day I tried drowning myself under the water. It feels like I'm not breathing and it has never felt so good. I soon feel Luca's hands grip my shoulders pulling me out the water, out of my unconsciousness.

"I don't trust him." I hear him voice out but his face looks blurry. I focus on his face and through it all I finally see his eyes. I've never seen him look so conflicted.

Ford does want me dead and it wouldn't be a coincidence if he was behind all this. The guy wants me dead but here he is trying to help us.

"I don't either." I say wincing when I feel his hand on my arm tightening around my bleeding wound.

Then again Luca also wanted me dead.

"Come on I'm running out of bullets!" He says shouting.

Luca let's out a long breath and pulls my body towards his, picking me up. I immediately groan at the amount of pain being inflicted on my arm and leg. I grind my teeth together trying to hold in a scream.

"They're getting away!"

BAM!

BAM!

"Don't shoot the girl!" I hear one of the men shout at the other one who almost shot us.

We make it to the car and as soon as we're in, Ford steps on the pedal and the car speeds off. They stop shooting and quickly run to the cars but they never move.

"I shot their tyres." He says looking through the mirror.

How did he find us?

Luca suddenly takes out a gun, sets it off safety mode and points it towards Ford's head.

"Well I didn't see that coming." He says smirking.

"Stop the car." Luca says to Ford who's eyes are still on the road.

I suddenly feel myself drowning in and out of unconsciousness and my vision is slowly becoming blurry. My heart beat is becoming slow and faint.

I think I'm dying.

"Then what? The next hospital is a hundred miles from here buddy. Unless you want her to die you'll be a good boy and sit down. I know someone who can fix her up and we're not far from there." He says making a sharp turn to the right and we're suddenly not on the road anymore.

"Why should I trust you?" I hear Luca question him.

"Cause I'm your only option." Ford replies making a sudden turn and soon after stopping.

"She's unconscious." Luca says stiffly his whole body feels tense.

"Is she dead?" I hear Ford's voice.