On The Lookout

"I wish I knew how it would feel to be free." - Andra Day
•••••••••••••••••••••

"Get rid of him and his family they have nothing that I want. Make sure it looks like an accident. Make it look a robbery gone wrong." I say to Gary as he walks in.

"The children too sir?" He asks me in a thick Mexican voice.

"All of them Gary especially those brats." I say as I open my drawer and take out a silver gun.

I turn around to look at William and watch as he hangs his head loosely down the chair. The man looks broken and pathetic. I'll only be doing him a favour by killing him besides every man knows what happens when you enter in this business.

I point the barrel of the gun at him and for a moment I think he's already dead as he sits there quietly looking at the floor.

"Don't kill my family..." and those were the last words that came out from his mouth before I pulled the trigger.

"Sir!" I turn around to see a man standing at the door with a panicked look on his face.

"The two girls have escaped and one of them is armed."

I stare at him for a while and I watch as his chest heaves up and down. I smile at him and walk towards Gary and whisper in his ear.

"Kill him.. just make sure there's no blood on my carpet, it's new." I move away from his ear and start to make my out the door.

"Ohh and Gary, find those girls." I say shutting the door behind me.

••••••

As soon as I arrive home I go to the bar and pour myself a glass of  brown liquor. Laura is barely home these days, the house is always empty. I pick up my phone and dial her number but her phone goes straight to voice mail.

I noticed she's been acting strange theses few days and I'm not sure if it's cause of Taylor's disappearance. Laura's relationship with Kelly was always fucked up and when she died she never gave a shit about her sister's daughter.

I walk up the stairs and make my way to my office. The blinds are still closed, blocking any sunlight from entering, just the way I like it. As soon as I sit on my chair I start checking a few paperwork that has to be sent down to the client I'm currently working with.

"Sir."

I look up and see Gunton standing at the door of my office with his usual closed off face and in his sleek professional butlers outfit.

"Yes Gunton."

"Sorry for disturbing you sir but there's someone here for you."

I crease my eyebrows in confusion since I wasn't expecting anyone.

"Who is it?" I ask him giving him my full attention.

The old man has been working for me for about a decade and has never once looked me in the eye, I'm not sure if  it's out of respect or fear. He has two daughters that are both in varsity and a wife that is sick with lung cancer.

"A young man named Xavier sir." He says looking at the ground.

"Let him in Gunton.."

"Immediately sir." He says nodding his head and turning around to walk away.

I finish the rest of my liquor and look at the time. Gary is late. He is suppose to be here by now. Tonight I'm attending a poker game and meeting up with Mr Preźton about some unfinished business. I also have to send some of my men to Taylor's old apartment to search for anything that might lead us to her. The fact that she doesn't have friends or socialise with people will make it even more difficult. I want them to trace each and every step of her hers, where she went, where she worked, who she was with and go to every bike competition. She must've slipped somewhere, left something behind that could lead us to her and I won't stop until I have her down on her knees.