Dead Angels

"Dealing with a broken heart that I didn't break." - Drake
•••••••••••••••••••••••

We finally arrived in Florida after a long trip from our pitstop at South Carolina. Becky is still fast asleep probably due to her high but I keep on checking her pulse to make sure she's still alive. The girl's a handful and she's not even awake yet. Obviously Luca was pissed at first but I told him that she was going nowhere and he didn't really have a choice. Luca knows that I need him for this to work and he needs me to get whatever it is he wants to get.

"She's sleeping with me." I say as I wrap Becky's arm around my neck and pull her out of the car.

"And who's going to make sure you don't run away?" Luca says from behind me as I wrap my hand around her waist and try to hold her up straight.

"And here I thought we were past this stage." I say rolling my eyes at him as I brush past him towards the small apartment that Nikolas claims to be one of the few ones he owns in Florida.

"Who is she and how do we know she won't betray us or is just working for them?" He says more firmly now stepping in front of me again.

"Look I know her okay. She's lost and doesn't work for anyone!" I grit out harshly at him and watch him as he assesses me.

He let's out a short frustrated breath and I watch as his eyes move from mine to Becky's face for a moment. I don't tell him that she's Marco's fiancé, well ex fiancé.

"I need a smoke." He grits out and bumps harshly past me as he makes his way down the dark street.

"Asshole.." I mutter under my breath as I tighten my grip on Becky's hand and waist.

I follow behind Nikolas as he enters the small apartment and watch him as he switches on the light. The living room is a small warm area where there's a small fire place in the middle of the room. The brown couches are made of leather and the carpet is made of light brown fur. The walls are white and there are paintings attached to the wall. There's a large flat screen TV opposite the couch which looks brand new. You can tell that no one has used this apartment yet, it looks new. At the far end of the room there's a round table with a whiskey bottle and three small glasses around it.

I drop Becky carefully onto the couch and lift her legs so that they're resting on the couch. She's been out for a while now and I doubt she's waking up anytime soon. My eyes move to her face and all the memories of the past come floating back. The constant arguing and fighting with Marco, the lies the cheating. No wonder she faked her own death, she always wanted to leave him but I never really thought she'd actually leave him. But when they weren't fighting they were the happiest together. I think somewhere down the line they gave me some sort of hope that it is possible to find that one person who's capable of handling all of your darkest demons and still manages to see past them.

I guess I was wrong.

"Taylor, are you okay?" I look up to see Nikolas standing in front of me with a concerned look on his face as he stares down at me.

"Yeah.. Yeah I'm fine." I say blinking rapidly and take in a deep breathe.

"Ohh okay well you guys can take the second room to your right." He says in a weary voice.

He's wearing his white shirt with the first few buttons of his shirt unbuttoned. His sleeves are rolled up till his elbows and his hair looks messy. He looks tired but doesn't show it.

"Thanks." I say as I stand up and run my hand through my hair.

"Okay.." He creases his eyes slightly but I stop looking at him and walk towards the the small table I saw earlier with the whiskey bottle.