Danger

"Brown skin and and soft curls, what a pleasure it is to know her." - Me
••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wake up sleepy head we're here." I hear Nikolas's voice pulling me out of my sleep.

I flutter my heavy eyelids open to be met by the harsh light rays coming through the window causing me to squint my eyes in slight pain. I rub my eyes trying to better my vision and to see properly. My neck hurts from laying my head weirdly on the window causing slight discomfort on my shoulders.

"Guessing you're not a morning person." I hear him chuckle and look up to see his bright eyes meeting mine with a small smile to his face.

The first sound of a car honkering and people's voices around me causes me to look out the window. A weird poster of a fat man with a brown cap on his head, holding a fishing rod in his hand, his thumb is out on his other hand with a creepy smile on his face is the first thing I see when I look out. His white crisp shirt is written 'Get It While It's Fresh Folks' simply matching his goofy smile. I'm sure we're at some old unknown town or whatever this place is.

"What's this place?" I say as I look at the people walking down the streets and out the grocery stories with big smiles plastered on the face. It looks like a town you'd read about in a book or see in some fairytale movie, we everyone lives happily ever after...The end.

The women here look so clean and pretty, like some fake barbie dolls. They are wearing bright dresses and their hair is curled to the point where it looks like a wave. I watch them as they carry themselves with a certain posture, shoulders straight, chest out and the way their white teeth shine as they smile.

"This is where we will stay for the next few days." Nikolas says getting out of the cramped up car already.

"Wait where's Luca?" I ask him looking around.

"Checking us in for our rooms."

I open the door and and I'm soon hit by the fresh ocean breeze. There must be an ocean nearby. I slowly get out of the car, trying to familiarise my feet with the ground which feels so foreign. We're parked in front of a small building which looks like a motel. Since the town is so small I'm sure it's the only one in town but it looks safe enough for us to sleep in for the next few days, without the risk of getting caught.

"You look fresh.." Nikolas says from beside me.

"I feel like crap." I mutter, feeling frustrated for some reason.

"How many hours have I been asleep?"

"We've been driving for about six hours and only stopped once so more or less." He says shrugging his shoulders.

Two girls walk past us, a blonde girl wearing a big hat on her head and a darker skinned girl with light brown hair and a weird scarf around her neck that looks like it's suffocating her. The two girls are talking in hush whispers as they pass in front of us and start to giggle as they look up to Nikolas who's standing next to me with his back leaning on the car behind him.

His body tenses as he looks at the two giggling girls who quickly lower their heads when they see him looking but don't stop smiling. I almost laugh at how uncomfortable Nikolas looks.

The two young girls look down trying to hide their blushing faces until they walk past us.

"Well that was awkward." He says releasing a breathe that he's been holding and I chuckle lightly.

"What? Those girls were basically fucking me with their eyes." He says squinting his eyebrows in annoyance but I don't miss the slight small on his face.