Her-story

"I'm triggered when I see your face, triggered when I hear your name, triggered I am not okay." Jhené Aiko
••••••••••••••••••••••

"Taylor there's someone here for you." I hear Nikolas say from the other side of the door.

"He can wait." Luca whispers in my ear as he grips the edge of my shirt tugging it up.

"No.. It's Marco, he's probably here." I reply as I try to lower the shirt.

His hand comes into contact with my stomach leaving a hot mark there behind. Both hands grip my stomach and he slowly moves them up till I feel his fingers touch the tip of my breasts.

"Where is she?" I hear a familiar voice shout and I immediately remove myself from Luca.

"Shit.. He's here."

I run a hand through my hair as I try to pry it away from my face. I lower and straighten my shirt and quickly clasp my bra which he somehow undid. The door bursts open and standing there is Marco. He looks like he has been running, his eyes look wild as they move from me and onto the bed where Becky is laying.

"What happened to her?" He says as If talking to himself. He rushes towards the bed and as he nears the it, his strides are shorter and slower. He looks weird like he's in a trance or something as he looks at her.

"We drugged her, she'll be asleep for a few more hours." I say as I stand a few feet away from them. My words fall onto deaf ears as he stops in front of her with a contorted look on his face. He looks angry and for a moment I think I see betrayal in his eyes, mixed with rage and hurt but more than anything I see the love he once shared for this woman, something that has died.

I've never seen him like this before, I'm not even sure what he's doing or thinking right now as he looks at her. One thing men like Marco never do is cry. I get a feeling that if Becky was dying right in front of him, he wouldn't share a single tear for her.

"She's okay Marco just a bit fragile."

I notice his chest rise as he takes in a deep breathe and looks at her one more time before turning around. He looks at the ground, hands in his pockets as he slowly walks away from the bed and towards the window right beside the bed. He's wearing a white crisp shirt with black dress pants. The first button of his shirt is unbuttoned and his shirt sleeves are rolled up. His hair is as neat as the day I met him but his eyes, his eyes look tired and lost.

"Who did it?" He says in a cold voice that makes the room feel colder than the weather outside.

Luca is still in the room, watching from afar and listening to our whole conversation. He stands in the corner of the room and our eyes meet for a second as I stare back at him.

"I don't know but I think she knows." I say as I avert my eyes away from Luca back to Marco.

"Is she using?" The question hangs in the air as Marco stares out the window, with his hands in his pocket and his shoulders tense.

"Yes." I reply in a distant voice.

I hear him let out a breathe of devastation and drop his head onto the window. The sun is slowly coming up and the darkness of the world is slowing disappearing but nothing seems to be changing inside this room.

"She said she did it for you Marco, said she couldn't let them kill you."

A slight movement of his jaw is all the reaction I get from him. I know what Marco is capable of, the shit he has done before that not even Becky can save him.

"Said it was a woman." I say lowering my tone slightly.

"Who is she?"I ask him in a taunting manner.