Afterwards

"If I choose you, would you choose me?" - Me
••••••••••••••••••

So is this your way of congratulating me, cause if it is I have to say it's quite shitty." I say to Luca as he opens the back door for me.

"Don't flatter yourself Mckenzie, your already in much trouble as it is." He says gruffly as he grips my arm and forces me in the car.

He stands outside the car, looking at me with a thoughtful gaze. He's wearing a black shirt and black ripped jeans with boots. His eyes move to his leather jacket which I'm currently wearing and I notice his jaw twitch and his shoulders tense.

"Trouble seems to follow you everywhere." He says to me before closing the door in my face.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and throw my head against the window. My mind moves to the events which occurred tonight. The way my blood was flowing through my veins and the familiar adrenaline that coursed in it, I felt so alive.. The sound of the engine roaring stirred something deep inside my soul. Letting go is not an easy thing for me, especially with the type of people I grew up around but when I'm on that bike, I feel all the troubles and darkness of my life tumble out of me in a raging storm that not even my inner demons can stop. It's a good feeling, a different feeling, the type of feeling I get when I'm with Luca.

A mixture of lust, hurt, hate, darkness and a hint of insanity. It's enough to make any person come back for more. Or maybe I'm crazy, maybe he's got me on some drug or spell that always has me coming for more, Nikolas did say that their mother performed some weird satanic rituals when they were kids. I can't imagine this cold heartless Luca as a little boy. How was he as a child, was he lost as I was or was he worse. How was his father, did he grow up with his father? Where was his father when his sister disappeared and how is Luca connected to his sister's disappearance. So all I have so far is some crazy mother who was a satinist and performed weird rituals and a father who's Italian and some how involved in the Mafia. Well that explains why Luca is the way he is, this whole thing sounds so complicated and fucked up.

"She's not from around here Redgy. There's something odd about her." I hear someone say in a low deep voice that I almost missed it.

"So what she won the race and the people loved her." I hear another voice reply dryly and I can't ignore the stench of cigarette.

I look outside the window and notice the two figures standing next to a white bakkie which is parked beside us. I look at the drivers seat and notice that I'm alone. The car's locked and the windows are all rolled up. The windows are black so no will notice me inside. I notice the person with his back to me as that X guy. His leather jacket is now off and his hair looks messy and deranged and you can see by the posture of his body that his stressed. I'm guessing the black guy standing in front of him with a cigarette in his hand is Redgy, the owner of this place. What is he doing out here with this guy.

"Fuck it Redgy you're not listening to yourself!" I hear an object being punched.

"No Xavier you're not listening to me. I made a lot of money out of her tonight and I'm not gonna loose it because your stuck up ass was beaten by a girl."

"Jesus Redgy she's not just any girl. I know her she's bad news."

My heart skips a beat and my head perks up in sudden interest. I know that they're talking about me, I just don't know why.

"Jeez man look who's talking the master of bad news himself." I hear Redgy say in an amused voice.

"I know her from somewhere Redgy and if you've never doubted my loyalty to you then you should know I'm not lying."