Comfort

"Since you been gone I've been having withdrawals."- André 3000
•••••••••••••••••••••

I'm back in my old bedroom with shackles around my ankles. He tied me to the bed and closed every window to prevent any sunlight from coming in. I didn't mind to be honest, it just felt quiet and empty. My back is bleeding. Rob had cut me.

I was crying and each time I did he'd cut deeper. Right now I just felt numb like the world was on the tip of its toes waiting for me to do something but I didn't.... so I just stayed like that.

Rob was furious.

I saw it coming but I guess I just thought that maybe he wouldn't hurt me. Maybe just maybe he didn't know anything about what I had done but he did. He played his favourite jazz song in the background, humming to it while running the knife down my back. I know it's nothing compared to what he really has planned but for now I'll just stare at the ceiling and wonder how I'm going to die.

I wonder how prom is and what it feels like to be a normal teenager. How being happy feels like and not constantly being alert all the time. How does it feel like to be loved and how does someone love. When a mother has a baby for the first time what makes her cry. Is it cause she's scared or cause she's experiencing this emotion called love. Did my mother cry? I doubt she did.

My mind moves to Nikolas who seems happy. Yeah he might be dealing with some stuff here and there but all in all he was happy or maybe at peace. He's normal cause he's able to love. He loves his brother, loves his sister and that girl that left him.

I wonder where they are and how did Rob find me. Was Luca lying to me did he tell him cause how else could Robert find me. He wouldn't. I still have those numbers which he needs but what if it was a game all along. The thought of Luca's betrayal makes me feel bitter and angry. I haven't eaten in two days and I feel like vomiting. I quickly move my head to the side of the bed and start emptying out my stomach.

Luca told me he was falling for me, that's all I can ever keep with me for now.

I don't have the energy to pull myself back up so I sit like that for a while. As I stared at the ground I realised two things. One, I was slowly dying and two I was hoping that Luca hadn't betrayed me.

Yes he was fucked up and tried to kill me multiple times but I trusted him.

I hear footsteps coming from outside the door and someone's shadow. A knock is heard but I don't even bother answering. I hear the person walk in and look up to see Aunt Laura in a red dress with red heels on. Her hair is perfect tied up in a bun and her makeup is done to perfection.

She looks crazy. Her eyes look traumatised and unhinged. She looks like she's out of her element.

"Rise and shine! We need to get you dressed for tonight darling." She says walking towards and empty wardrobe, pretending to look through it.

"I think this will be perfect what do you think?" She says holding out an invisible dress and looking at an invisible mirror, trying to see it on her.

Her left eye twitches and her blue pupils dilute. She's too fidgety than normal and can't put together a proper sentence.

Rob has her on something.

She carries on talking to herself and laughing at her small jokes as I zone out and stare at floor again.

I'll take comfort in my ending.

●●●●●●

I wake up and I'm still tied to the bed but this time Robert is with me.