È la donna che

"I have died everyday waiting for you." - Christina Perri
••••••••••••••••••••

I separate my eyes and sit up from the bed. My back is stiff and by the way my body feels I know I've been out for a long time. I stretch my arms and neck but I'm having difficulties moving my legs, I can't feel them. I brush the loose strands of hair away from my face and try to make out a clear vision of what's in front of me. My memory is blurry and I can't remember anything that happened in the last twenty four hours. Just trying is difficult. A sharp pain hits my head and I hiss in pain.

I'm in a long shirt that covers my thighs, hiding my pink skin. I feel flushed and hot. I can feel the sweat drip down my forhead and the dampness of the shirt I'm wearing.

I feel sick.

My stomach is in pain and I let out a moan as it twists painfully. The one that follows knocks all the air out of me and I can't help the scream that passes through my lips.

I burry my face in the pillow and wrap my hands around myself as I try to bury all my cries of pain.

"The pills will help with the pain."

I don't even look up at him. I twist my head and turn to look at the dresser beside the bed. There are three pills and a glass of water which I don't hesitate to take and drink.

After a while the pain eases and is more controllable. He makes his way towards me and stops at the edge of the bed.

"You look horrible. You've been out for almost two days." He says crossing his arms and eyeing me carefully.

"What happened?"

He sighs as he looks up at me. He looks tired, it's as if something is bothering him.

"You were drugged. It's rare and deadly. I drained it out of your system. That's why you're sweating and having stomach pain."

Nothing is there just a sharp pain in my head.

"I don't remember."

"You left your phone in the car." He sounds like he has something more to say.

"You watched the videos didn't you?" I'm irritated that he watched them but I let it slide.

"Why did you go in?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You knew who she was and you went in after me." His state his hard and focused on me.

My eyes wander from his for a moment.

"I don't remember."

"Sure you don't." He walks around the bed and stops in front of the dresser taking the glass in his hand.

"She offered me a deal. One I should have agreed to but I didn't." There's a hint of bitterness in his voice as he gently places the glass back on the table.

"Io ti amo e non posso, smettere a comando." The emotion in his eyes as he says this is heavy. I see something there and I feel like he's looking straight through me.

"I'm sure that was a big swear word in Italian." His lip edges up forming what seems like a smile that's barely visible.

"Far from it."

"Why are you looking at me?"

"I'm not stupid Luca."

I take his hand and open his palm. There's a tattoo on his knuckle of a triangle that I notice a long time ago. The triangle on his knuckle represents something, something that I know so well.