The Baiter

"Freedom tastes like a jail sentence." - Me
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You wouldn't be the first person who's said that to me." I reply calmly.

He walks towards his chair and sits down, loosening his tie around his neck. He leans back on the chair and smiles, resting his hands behind his head.

"You see on your neck, I've planted a small chip that's not visible to the eye. That chip dictates whether you die tomorrow or not, with just one push of a button."

I keep quiet for a long moment trying to register what he just said.

"Good, it's nice to know we agree on something."

I take out the gun thats under my thigh which I took from him when he was standing closely behind me. I stand up and take it off safety mode pointing it directly at him. He remains calm, not loosing his composure. He actually looks intrigued by this... He watches me his eyes never leaving mine.

"Pew!" I say pretending to shoot him with the gun.

"And just like that, you'll be dead." I say smirking.

I slowly walk towards his bookshelf dragging the gun on the edge of it. The shelf is dusty and the books haven't been touched in a while.

"I'm afraid I can't accept your offer?" I say hanging on the last part since I don't know his name.

"Giovanni." He says gruffly.

"Hmm nice name, it's different. You're French, Spanish, Russian?" I ask him looking at the different books on the shelf.

"Italian."

"Nice...Nice."

I stop walking and turn around to face him. He's still looking at me his eyes a maze that I seem to get lost in.

"You act like you have a choice."

"You don't."

I walk towards him and stand behind him. I take the gun and point it directly at his head, aiming straight for the kill.

"Unfortunately I do."

He raises his right hand revealing a small device. A small beeping sound starts echoing in the room. It's a small squeaky sound that's coming from....from........me?

"You seem to have forgotten that your life is in my hands."

I touch my shoulder. Its the fucking chip.It's coming from my shoulder. He pressed the button on the device and now the thing is beeping non-stop. It's starts becoming faster and faster.

"10.....9.....8....." He starts counting down.

Shit.

"Switch it off!" I gritt out angrily starting to panic.

He starts laughing, not caring about the gun pointed to his head.

"7........6..........5.......4........"

"Don't fucking test me! Switch it off !!" I shout at him, panicking.

"3......2......"

"FINE, I'll do it!!"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Antonio. Third from the top and is one of Robert's best gun men. He's the one in charge of the guns and operates the drug trades. He has a thing for the ladies and every Fridays he goes to this club where he mingles with people and always takes someone home."

He throws the file in front of me.

"Tonight he'll be there with the rest of his friends. They booked a private lounge which where they'll have a small meeting to discuss something. I want you to find out for me what is it exactly that they're up to and I want any information that you get about those files Mckenzie."

He lets out a puff of air from his cigar.

"I want you to be our baiter."  Giovanni says putting his cigar on the ashtray.

"You my darling are going to bait Antonio King. You are going to enter that club and make him want to go home with you. You will leave through the back door where Luca and my other men will be waiting. You will leave when I tell you to. Antonio King is a very smart man, one slip up and you're dead."

He takes another drag of his cigar while going through the paper's in front of him.

"So what do you say Miss Mckenzie?"