Hideout

"Was it real or was it all in my head?" - Tori Kelly
••••••••••••••••

"So... How do you feel?"

I look up at the unfamiliar guy sitting beside the redhair girl, Jay, I remember Ford calling her that. She has been avoiding my eyes ever since we sat down.

He's smiling at me tauntingly as if noticing the tension  in the air due to my presence or maybe there's something else on his mind that he must find amusing to be looking at me like that.

"Like shit." I say taking a sip of the drink in my cup, trying not to look at him.

I hear a deep chuckle resonating from the other side of the room. I look up to see a grin on his face and his eyes shining with amusement. The redhair looks at him in a silent warning and the smile that was on his face disappears as if it wasn't there.

We soon go back to the awkward silence we were in and the only sound in the room is the sound of spoons clicking on the plates.

"So you knew Thomas?"

At the mention of his name everyone suddenly averts their eyes to me, even redhair. I shift uncomfortably in my seat at the attention.

"Yes.. He worked with Rob."

This guy is starting to get on my nerves with his many questions.

"Your uncle?"

"Yes...." I reply my voice whispering.

I don't appreciate him asking a lot of questions it's annoying and I don't like the attention but I get the feeling that he's doing it on purpose.

"Must be nice growing up getting everything you want."

I bit my bottom lip until it feels like it's bleeding, trying not to say something I'll regret. He thinks he knows what happened in that house, he thinks I had a perfect life like those snobbish bitches of Beverly Hills.

"You know Thomas was like a father figure to me. Took me in when I was a kid living in the streets of New York." He says casually his voice sounding distant.

"Until he killed him."  He says his voice full of finality.

"And you stood there wa-"

As soon as he says that something in me snaps. I suddenly stand banging my hands on the table and narrow my eyes at him.

"Do you have something you'd like to say?"

Ford laughs at this and lays his back on the chair waiting to see what's going to happen.

"Taylor sit down." He says calmly sounding amused.

The guy stands up too making his chair fall behind him.

"Matter of fact I do. How could you bring them here Ford, this bitch is a Mckenzie!" He says harshly his facial features hardening.

"Kye sit down."

"Not until this bitch here pays for what she did." He says looking at me.

"Fucking call me a bitch one more time!" I say fisting my hands trying to calm down.

He looks at me smugly and smirks.

"Bitch."

As soon as I make a move towards him Luca suddenly stands in my way and grips my arm tightly.

The guy suddenly takes out a gun from his pocket and points it at me and as he does this Luca takes out his silent silver gun and points it at the redhair sitting beside him.