On the Move

"If anything should happen I wanna that you're alright." - Me
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How far is this place?" I ask Luca after a while of being on the road.

"We're almost there." Luca replies clearly irritated.

"Who's this H2O guy anyways and how does he know about our sister?" Nikolas asks in a frustrated voice and I know he doesn't seem to be on board with this whole thing.

"What if it's a trap?" I ask but I'm answered back with silence.

Luca is acting without thinking this through but no one can say shit when it comes to his sister and I understand maybe I have gone soft.

"How old is she?" I ask him.

"She's seventeen this year. She'll be eighteen in two months time." He says, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

"What's her name?" Nikolas never did tell me her name.

"Evelyn but we used to call her Eve."

"Nice name." I say resting my head onto the car seat.

"Your friend.. Becky said I should give you this." Luca pulls out a small phone that looks old.

"What is it?" I take it from him and open it.

"I don't know, she just said it's yours."

I take the small device and run a finger down the screen. I close the phone again and place it on the side of my seat. Luca looks at me at the corner of his eyes but I ignore him.

After sometime we finally arrive, the place is large, looks mysterious and very guarded. It looks like an old abandoned house but you can hear the sound of people's voice from within the building.

"You guys stay here, I'll be back." Luca says getting out the car.

We watch him walk into the building, his strides long but steady. He runs a hand through his hair and I watch him as he tries to blend in with everyone around him. His jawline is a sharp line that always brings out his intense eyes. I watch him as he disappears into the building.

"Do you think he knows what he's doing?" I ask Nikolas curious about what's about to happen within the next few hours.

"Nope. He's just letting his emotions fuck with him." He says in a tired and irritated voice.

I close my eyes and enjoy the silence that takes over. Something starts buzzing from beneath my thigh. It's Beck's phone, why would she even give me this old thing. I open it the pictures and notice that there's no pictures of her and has a video.

"Nikolas do you have any earphones on you?"

"No but there are if you look in front of you." He says pointing infront of me.

I open the cabinet in front of me and look through it. I find white earphones beneath all the junk and I plug them into the phone. One side of the earphone doesn't work which makes it difficult to hear properly since the phones volume is low.

I press play and the video starts to play.

●●●●●●●●

"Claire!"

"Claire!"

She's not here. I look around the room and I start to panic. I can hear the male voices in the far distance and heavy footsteps making their way this side. I shut the door behind me and lock it.