On my own (rucas and Joshaya)

Prompt from instagram-base their story off a song.

song-On my own from Les mis 

highly suggest you listen to it 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

on my own pretending he's beside me. 

all Alone I walk with him till morning, 

I feel his arms around me, 

and when I lose my way, I close my eyes and he has found me.

 Riley Awoke from her slumber, lifting her arms above her head and stretching, sleeping was her favourite part of the day. When she slept she was with him, He was still with her, he was still protecting me, He was still there. 

She checked her messages and saw she had 30 missed calls from Maya, Hesitantly she called her back, knowing it must be important. The cold silver pressed against her ear made Riley shiver, she closed her eyes and saw him, It's like he was there with her, holding her, walking with her.

'RILEY.' Maya's voice belted through the phone. 

'Yes Maya.'

'You're coming tonight correct,' Maya demanded, It was less of a question more of instruction.

'yes I'm walking there right now.' 

and I left, remembering him.

------------------------------------------------

in the rain, the pavement shines like silver,

All the lights are misty in the river.

In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight,

and all I see is he and me forever and forever.

She walked along the river, the rain droplets hitting her umbrella and slowly fell, hitting the pavement and letting it shine, like silver. She looks out to the hudson, the lights misting on the river. She thinks of them, who they were, what the were. Their love was like the trees that shone with starlight through the darkness, lost in darkness he was her focus. 

All she sees, all she knows is him and her, She can't be without him, she loves his arm. She stops in front of the building, Maya and Josh engagement party, hesitantly she walks in.

------------------------------------------

And I know it's only in my mind,

that I'm talking to myself and not, and not to him,

and although he is blind,

still I say 'There's a way for us'

She walks in to the party and talks to her friends, She greets Maya and her uncle, she congratulates them. She meets smackle and Farkle's three month old. She drinks with Vanessa and Zay, and then she sees him, and that when she clicks.

Everything she dreamed, everything she imagined, It's only in her mind. She's alone, only talking to herself and not to him. 

He didn't care, he didn't love her, he was blind to the love, He had moved on. She still thought there was a way she could be with him though, she still thought they could be together. 

-------------------------------------------

I love him, but when the night is over,

he is gone, the rivers just a river,

without him, the world around me changes.

The trees are bare and everywhere,

the streets are full of strangers

She continued to stare at him, she loved him, she truly loved him. She loved everything about him, but when the night ends, she is alone again. He goes back to his life, he moves on, and she is alone, the rivers just a river. 

Without him, her world changes, nothing is happy, nothing is beautiful. The trees that were full of starlight, are bare, raw, nothing. No one matters, Everyone in this room becomes a stranger, no Farkle, or Zay or Maya, Just her.

-----------------------------------

I love him,

but everyday I'm learning ,

All my life, I've only been pretending.

Without me, his world will go on turning,

a world that's full of happiness,

That I have never known.

He walked over to her, slowly and hesitantly. She loved him, but she was learning, how to be without him, how to be ok. Everything she ever dreamed about him was fake, an alternate universe that saved her from the horrible, real world. 

'Hi Riley.' He said quickly.

He didn't need her, without her his world go on, he's be fine. He'd go back to his life, his happiness, a happiness that she has never known. A happiness that she needed to obtain.

'You don't need me, the love we have is gone.' She whispered to herself.

'I'm sorry Riley.' He uttered, It wasn't real, his world moves without her.

'Goodbye Lucas, Forever.' She choked the last word only to herself.

-------------------------------------

I love him,

I love him,

I love him, 

but only on my own.

She loved him, she loved him, she loved him. He didn't love her.

she loved him, but only on her own, she has to move on.

A/N

OK BUT I'M REALLY PROUD OF THIS AND IT DIDNT HAVE A HAPPY ENDING AND I DONT DO THAT AND IM TEARING UP BECAUSE ITS SUCH A POWERFUL SONG.