Away

Riley Matthews stormed out of her house, she had her suitcase in tow and she quickly plonked it in the boot of her running car. Her and Lucas were running away together, they were going to elope and they were going to live some where far away. It wasn't their fault their parents acted like they were living the story of Romeo and Juliet and hated each other, I mean surely they realised it never turned out well when you forbid two people to be together. Lucas' dad hated Cory for some age old feud and Cory felt the same about Lucas' dad, it was a never ending cycle of hate and Rucas intended to break that with their marriage. They weren't necessarily running away considering they were 21 and could move away from home.

Riley drove to the spot her and Lucas planned to meet and saw that he was already there.

'So the people are waiting and then our flight is 3 hours after that. We will move into our new place and after 1 week contact our friends on our exact location and the week after that we will tell our parents where we are but not our address or anything.' Lucas huffed and Riley nodded putting his stuff in her car. Of course she was nervous but she knew this was the right thing to do, they wanted to live abroad anyway.

'Do you think they'll find us I mean.' She started but Lucas cut her off.

'Someone will tell us if they figure it out and then we have a 19 hour wait to plan what to do and that's assuming they find where we live . Plus Riley what exactly will they be able to do if they find us, we will already be married.' He lectured and Riley was thankful that at least someone was calm and level headed.

'You're right' She replied speeding down the highway, she was thankful it was 3am and not many cars where on the road. It didn't take them very long for them to arrive at the little chapel. They hopped out and Riley looked around at the small courtyard, she took a quick photo and smiled at the war the lights made it look edgier.

Arriving in the chapel she looked at just how tiny it was, it only had 4 rows of pews and a small stage at the front, she looked over at Lucas who was beaming in his dress shirt and black pants. She smoothed out her lace white dress, it flared out at the waist and was slightly formal but could be casual.

'Are you ready?' Lucas questioned and she could see the nervous gulp he took.

'I've always been ready to do this with you.' She insisted and planted a kiss on his lips before they both walked down the aisle towards an old couple.

-------------------------------------

'Now you may kiss the bride.' The old man announced and Lucas didn't hesitate to dip Riley and kiss her passionately , the old lady cheered and Riley smiled into the kiss.

'Ok you two have a good flight now, and keep in touch.' The old man uttered and Lucas shook his hand promising to add him on Facebook.

They walked hand in hand back outside ready to head out for their 7 o'clock flight, Riley had never been on a plane before and was regretting having such a long flight as her first one. That was the price she had to pay for wanting to live in an island that was pretty far away from everything. She felt bad for the locals that lived their considering the amount of money and time it would take to get lots of other countries.

'So you ready for our next big step, mrs Friar.' Lucas cowered and Riley laughed, he was always looking out for her.

'Yes I am mr Friar, I've been practicing my accent.' She replied and Lucas kissed her knuckles his eyes still fixated on the road.

'Ok lay it on me.'

'G'day mate put another shrimp on the barbie.' She yelled in a horrible Australian accent.

'Yeah maybe don't do that when we get there. Apparently they get offended by it.'

--------------------------------------------------------

'Q158 to Melbourne boarding now' The announcer yelled and Lucas and Riley got their passports and tickets ready, Riley was still a bit shook after going through american security, boy were they harsh.

'Take on the world?' Lucas questioned and Riley smiled.

'Take on the world.' She replied taking her pinky and intertwining it with his.

'The most liveable city in the world to clarify.' she sneered.

'Yes we made a good choice, it will be good place to raise our future kids.'

She handed her ticket to the flight attendant just before she entered the tunnel she looked around at the airport one more time, at america one more time, at her old life one more time.

'You ready.' Lucas asked and she looked up at the love of her life.

'Never been more.'

a/n

you can't actually get from New York to Melbourne direct, you actually have to stop in La then changeover!!!!