Hiding

'No, mum we are just friends. How many times do I have to say that.' Lucas called out to his mother who was once again hassling him. He loved Riley, she was like a third sister to him. First his actual, very bitchy, sister Hailee. Then Maya then Riley. It was only when he was younger and more naive to what dating and love actually meant that he liked Riley. She was just a little schoolboy crush he used to have.

Sighing in frustration he walked out the door to head to school. It was one week before graduation and Lucas couldn't be more excited to be attending nyu with three of his friends. Farkle and smackle reached their potential and both went to a prestigious school in Sweden. Although he was going to miss them tremendously he knew this is what was best from them.

After a boring subway ride Lucas was walking through the corridor of Abigail Adams. He instantly saw the perky brunette and his heart starting beating, he knew it was just because he was instantly happy when around her that his heart started beating. It has nothing to do with his attraction towards her. Or her legs in that skirt- no it had nothing to do with her physically per say he thought walking towards the friends. 

'Lucas hi.' Maya groaned obviously very happy to be at school. He laughed and gave her a side hug before handshaking Zay and Farkle. He never knew what to do with Smackle, hugging was a no no, she hated handshakes and so he usually just nodded and said 'hello superior' and that seemed good enough to her. Then he turned to the energetic brunette and pulled her in for a massive hug. He loved hugging her in the mornings, he could soak up all her happy energy to get through the day. He pulled away and took one last look at her smiling face before stepping out and forming a circle. The others chattered about what they should do for graduation after party but he just zoned out. It wasn't that he didn't care it's just that he was ok with everything. Farkle and Smackle began to talk about there holiday to Sweden for summer break, they wanted to get a feel for the university before they moved there. Maya and Zay then began chattering about their personal finding-themselves vendetta. They had both decided they needed to breathe a similar but very far away air. So they saved and were spending most of their summer in Australia. They both liked the fact that it was a very relaxed be achy country in some parts and they liked the fact that it was a continent, country and an island. Meaning it was very much on it's own. He didn't know why they were so obsessed with it but they were and he tried not to bother them. He and Riley were the only ones not going anywhere, but he had an idea. By some unlikely chance Lucas had acquired tickets, airfares and accommodation to Paris for a week. He had answered some short story competition and he entered one about Riley. He managed to win second prize, which indeed was an all expenses paid trip to Paris. He knew she would be thrilled and organised with Cory and Topanga the whole thing, and to not let her plan anything else. 

He planned to tell her about it at graduation but as time ticked by slowly he didn't know if he could keep it from her that long. He felt a warm hand touch his arm and he flinched slightly at the unexpected contact. looking at the person who touched him he smiled seeing Riley staring at him worried. He could get lost in her deep chocolate brown eyes, he melts in them any time he sees them. It was only platonic though, I mean it's friendly to relish in someones eyes. They were only friendly he reminded himself, he couldn't get caught up in this love when he would never be good enough for him. A slap to his chest bought him back to reality and he realised that he had floated off into space yet again.

'Lucas, are you finally back.' Riley prattled concern showering her face.

'Yeah Yeah sorry. I didn't get much sleep last night.' He groaned remembering all the tossing and turning about telling Riley about Paris.

'Is everything ok. Anything I can help with or we can talk about.' She asked her hand still not leaving his arm. She dragged him over to the seat by the stairs and sat looking at him front on.