It's labour not labor

a/n I don't know if you can tell what this is about but I'll think you're cool if you can guess. 

Riley Matthews sat on her couch watching the Red Planet Dairies, she had several marshmallows bags and donuts hoarded around her extremely bloated belly. Her belly wasn't bloated because of the insane amount of food she had eaten, well it wasn't only because she was eating it was mostly because of the baby that was growing inside of her. The baby had been growing inside of her for only 8 months and her patience was growing thin with it's stay. 

It's not that she didn't want the baby and didn't love it with all her heart, It's just that at 7 1/2 Riley had a cervical changes and was put on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy. It was only modified bed rest so she could walk around and leave the house for periods of time, but it was no work and nothing too major. Riley could basically go and get groceries and then come back and that was mostly it. 

In the middle of the episode the door swung open and her lovely husband waltzed through it. Lucas smiled at his frowning wife and pulled her in for a hug and a kiss. 

'Hello my lovely wife.' Lucas said taking off his coat and walking over to the kitchen to get cereal. 

'Don't forget that you did this to me and I'm not happy with you.' Riley sulked shoving marshmallows into her mouth. 

'Riley as I always say, you liked it when I did that to you.' Lucas joked and Riley just poked her tongue out at him. 

'So what did my little trophy wife think about today.' Lucas joked again and took his cereal over to the couch to sit with his wife on their couch. 

'First off, nothing wrong with trophy wives but I am not one of them. Second I was thinking about words.' Riley replied and Lucas nodded his head. 

'Well I mean Lucas, the united kingdom and like Australia, New Zealand and lots of other places they spell color, c o l o u r. They also spell labor, l a b o u r and like they add u to random words. Then I realised that we just dropped the u. We are the weird ones.' Riley finished her thought and looked at Lucas awaiting his response. 

'I really do think pregnancy has made you more contemplative.' Lucas responded nonchalantly. Riley nodded her head and stood up from the couch. 

'Uh why are you standing up. You are on modified bed rest.' Lucas fretted ushering to push her down. 

'Calm down, I'm just going to the toilet. Babies push on the bladder.' Riley responded and walked to the toilet. She saw Lucas' toiletries in a bag and frowned. 

Riley had walked back out of the bathroom and saw Lucas getting into the cuddle bunnies episode. 

She sighed and walked over to him rubbing circles on his back. 

'Are you sure you're gonna be ok here on your own tomorrow, you can always stay at your mum and dads or Maya's. Or I could cancel, Lucy would understand and would happily go in my place.' Lucas stressed and Riley continued to rub his back. 

'Lucas I swear I'll be fine on my own, I'm limited to the amount of things I can do anyway and you'll be gone for 2 nights. Maya, my mum, Auggie and everyone will be dropping in and lord knows who else will be when they hear I is alone.'  Riley soothed and Lucas nodded his head. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

'Hello Riley.' Maya called out prancing into Riley and Lucas' place. 

'Maya I can only be in 1 of 3 places in this apartment and I wouldn't dare not telling someone I left the house. I don't have a death wish and neither does the my baby.' Riley joked and Maya followed her voice into  Riley's bedroom. 

'Hello Grumpy and hello baby.' Maya peeped in a baby voice into Riley's belly. 

'So ranger rick is in Pittsburg huh.' Maya asked and Riley nodded her head tears welling up in his eyes. 

'I miss him.' Riley cried and Maya rolled her eyes at the overly dramatic pregnant women. 

'Oh Riley it's two nights, only two nights. You'll be fine Riles. So do you want to have a movie marathon.' Maya asked and Riley instantly settled. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Riley woke up with a jolt and placed her hands on her belly. She looked over at the alarm clock and saw that it was three am and Maya had placed a note saying she left. Riley screamed at the pain her stomach was causing right now. 

She grabbed her phone from the side table and called her hospital. 

'uhh hi I'm Riley my doctor is Dr.Langley, I'm 8 months pregnant and I'm having stomach pains and I just know that there is a problem. Can you forward this phone call to him.' Riley asked over the phone and the receptionist. 

'Well sweetie I'm pretty sure you're in labour and that those stomach pains are contractions, get someone to drive you in and we'll be all set up when you get here.' The receptionist replied and Riley shook her head. 

'No No you see, I'm on bed rest and the cervix change and my husband is away and Dr. Langley said-'Riley fretted but the nurse just told her to come down there. 

Riley stressed and started dialing every number she knew. She started with Maya and finally ended with her grandmother from Philadelphia but no one answered her, she tried Lucas' cellphone one more time hoping the 18th time would be a charm but to no avail, no one was answering. She scrolled through her contacts and glimpsed over a contact. 

'Ok this is my only resort.' Riley spoke to herself another contraction threatening her. She listened to the phone ring two times until she heard a voice she hadn't heard for a very long time. 

'Hello this is Charlie.' 

'Hi Charlie, labour, now, help, Lucas away.' Riley spoke through her pain. 

'Ummm ok, turn on your phone's tracking with me, I'll come get you and Riley keep calling Lucas ok, I'll be 5 minutes.' Riley groaned and hung up on him. Just as she turned on her location her phone started to ring and Lucas face showed up. 

'Hey Princess what's wrong why are you so upset.' Lucas fretted through the phone. 

'Lucas I'm sorry.' She cried into the phone her contraction subsiding. 

'Why Riley what's wrong.' Lucas asked packing his stuff up preparing to come home. 

'I'm in labour, no one would answer so Charlie's picking me up.' Riley cried and Lucas gasped grabbing his stuff and run out of the hotel. 

'Wait labour, Charlie Gardner, ok the flight is 30 minutes and I'm 10 minutes away from the airport. I'll be back in the city in an hour and a half. Ok I'll be there, I love you and quick question.' Lucas asked and Riley groaned. 

'Is this labor or labor with a u.' Lucas joked and Riley smiled. 

'definitely with a u it makes it more dramatic.' Riley replied and laughed. 

'Ok Riley are you sure you're in labor cause you're laughing.' Charlie weighed in from the doorway in his pyjamas his girlfriend and Riley's friend standing next him. 

'Oh thank god, I'm in between contractions and I want to be until I can be sedated.' Riley joked and Emily, Charlie'd girlfriend helped her up. 

'Gardner you better take care of her or I will kill you.' Lucas spoke through the phone. 

'I got her Friar.' 

------------------------------------------------

'Isn't she beautiful.' Lucas said looking down at their newly born daughter. 

'What's her name.' Maya asked from across the room. 

Lucas and Riley looked at each other and smiled. 

'Her names Olympia.' Riley smiled. 

'We were gonna add a u but decided against it.' Lucas joked and Riley laughed. 

'Yeah whatever Riley.'