Football fails

THERES A FUCKING HOT FRENCH EXCHANGE STUDENT AND HE LOOKS LIKE PEYTON. THAT IS ALL.
ALSO I FROM AUSTRALIA AND WE DONT HAVE NFL WE LITERALLY ONLY HAVE AFL WHICH IS DIFFERENT SO HAVE A LOL.

Lucas Friar adjusted his helmet as he looked at himself in the locker room mirrors. Tonight was the final against the Bradbury bears, or private school jerks as Lucas liked to call them. Taking one last sip of water Lucas waddled out to meet his other team mates.

He immediately caught sight of Zay and ran over to him tapping him on the chest and Zay rolled his eyes and hit his arm were there was no padding. Lucas could see the quite large crowd that had gathered outside from the entrance of the locker room. He always found it kind of weird and surreal that so many people came to watch such 'barbaric' behaviour. Watching such sports has been around since Roman times and it was all a bit weird to Lucas when he thought in depth about it.

He felt a hand hit the back of his head and he snapped back into reality looking down at Zay once again. Lucas offered an apologetic smile but Zay just scoffed and directed him to listen to their coach.

'Ok Lucas. You're our quarterback. Bring the patriots home man.' Coach yelled and all his Neanderthal friends started jumping, shouting and hitting each other. Zay saw Lucas uncomfortable and put his hand on his shoulder.

'You'll do great out there man. Plus Riley will be cheering you on and I swear she is magical at making people's dreams come true so that's a good sign.' Zay offered and Lucas let out a small smile at the mention of his girlfriend.

'Have you heard from Riley? I haven't heard from her since she left Greenwich and I mean that's a 2 hour drive and she should be here by now.' He questioned anxiety seeping through his voice. Zay tensed at his words but covered it up not wanting to scare his friend when he didn't know what was happening yet.

'Nah man I haven't yet. But don't stress maybe her phone just ran out of charge. It's nothing.' He pleaded and Lucas relaxed a little. It was probably just a misunderstanding. It didn't make the feeling in his gut go away though.

'Yeah yeah Zay you're probably right. I shouldn't stress. It's probably just a misunderstanding.' He wasn't sure if he was convincing him self or Zay more. The coach yelled and Zay and Lucas stormed off onto the field and got into there positions. While all basic formalities began Lucas took his chance to look around the stands to see if he could see Riley. After a quick skim he noticed Topanga, his parents, Maya, Cory and Farkle and an empty spot beside them. He tried to brush it off as her getting stuck in traffic or maybe having to clean up something at the house or at school but something deep inside of him was telling him, this was worse.

The game began and Lucas welcomed the distraction. He despised the smell of dirt and overly well kept grass but add that to sweaty over weight man killers and it's a deadly combination Lucas had had enough of. Thank god this is my last game he thought and went to grab the ball. He passed to a teammate before he felt a strong force hit him and his head slammed against the grass. He groaned as his teammate Ray helped him up while his team was celebrating the touchdown they had just earned. He didn't think he had ever been more thankful for half time in his entire life.

He limped slightly off the field hiding from the medics and his coach slightly. Taking a sip from a water bottle he went to look around for Riley again but saw that not only her seat was empty but so was Cory and Topanga's. Suspicious he pretended he was running off his injury and ran toward their stand. Farkle seemed slightly frightened as Lucas ran over, he didn't know what to tell the quarterback. He didn't know what he was allowed to tell the quarterback in all fairness.

Lucas stopped and called out to Farkle who was only to rows back from the barrier. Ignoring the loving stares he got from his classmates he watched as Maya hid her slightly puffy eyes from Lucas.

'Ok guys where's Riley. I'm not mad considering I know there's a reasonable excuse but I would like to know where she is and why Maya is crying.' He demanded and everyone shivered a bit at his scary tone.

'Lucas' he heard the familiar gentle tone and turned to his mother who had a sad aura coming from her.

'Riley wishes she was here. She's just a little preoccupied. We will explain later. You have a game to win now. This is what she wanted.' She prattled and Lucas couldn't help but feel like he couldn't breathe when no one was telling him where Riley was. He stood there collecting his breathe and hoping that Riley was just planning a surprise after party for him and it wasn't anything bad.

'Friar.' Someone yelled from across the field and Lucas saw the demanding eyes of his coach and stormed over blinking back his tears.

'Alright ok first half. Friar great playing keep it up. Now I've already spoken to everyone I need to individually so everyone head out there. One-two-three hut.' The boys yelled as they put their hands in the circle and flung them out.

Lucas ran to the field and tried as hard as he could to keep his head in the game.

2 touchdowns later Lucas found him self in a play that was next to Zay. They had a few extra minutes to spare considering there was a fight between teams and the umpires were trying to stop the situation.
Zay trotted closer to Lucas and clapped him on the back.

'How are you doing with the whole Riley thing.' Zay sulked and Lucas tried to hide his furrowed eyebrows. It was times like these Lucas was thankful he had a gullible friend to trick.

'Yeah ok.' He muttered and he saw Zay sigh heavily before tears welled up in his eyes.

'Yeah car accidents are tough on everyon-' Zay started but Lucas was already faking an injury.

'Car accident- Zay why didn't you tell me I need to go to her.' He yelped as he held his arm in pain and saw the medics running towards him.

'I thought you knew.' Was the last thing Lucas heard a confused Zay say before he was being escorted off the field. the medic tried to sit him down but before they could Lucas pulled out of their grasp.

'Thanks but I know it's serious. I'll drive myself to the hospital.' He bellowed before dropping his helmet and sprinting out of the stadium. He heard a few gasps but nothing was on his mind except Riley.

He had never been more thankful for no New York traffic than now as he sped along the streets towards the hospital. After a speedy 5 minute drive he pushed open the doors to the hospital and strided up to reception.

'Hi I'm here to see Riley Matthews. I'm her brother.' He mumbled and the nurse nodded.

'Yep Riley is down the hall take a left and then two doors down.' She directed and Lucas managed a thank you before he ran off down the halls. Pushing open the door he saw a bruised Riley with her arm in cast and a bandage on her forehead. She looked over at him and smiled sadly.

'Lucas you didn't have to be here. How did you even know. You have a football game.' She rambled and Lucas laughed while sitting down on the chair next to her bed.

'Riles you are 100X more important than football. If you're hurt I'm hurt.'

'How did you find out?' She questioned as his lips kissed her temple.

'Zay may have been persuaded a little.' Riley laughed before grabbing her ribs in pain.

'How you feeling.'

'I'll be fine in about a month. Other than this stupid broken arm. It was worth it to save the bunny though.' She joked before her phone pinged and she grabbed it.

'Well look luke you won. With Zay as fill in quarterback.' She beamed and Lucas was confused but delighted.

'Well although unexpected I love that. Yay Zay.' He yelled and Riley replied with a yay Zay.

'Now how about we watch cuddle bunnies.' Lucas offered before lying in her hospital bed with her. Riley put her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.
'Anything for you' she mumbled before drifting Off to sleep.