concerts

a/n hey, sorry for the ed sheeran mention, it's an obsession 

'Zay I don't want to go.' Lucas Friar whined staring out the window of Zay's overly expensive bmw. 

'Lucas, Lucas, Lucas what is wrong with you. This is a secret Ed Sheeran concert, there's only about 200 people Lucas. It's going to be amazing.' Zay yelled catching the attention of several people, it was his fault that he always had to drive with the windows down.

'But Zay I could be studying for my finals, becoming a vet doesn't just happen.' Lucas complained.

'Nah Lucas you just want to stay home and grieve the loss of your now ex-lover, satans daughter, Missy. Lucas she dumped you, it was a miracle. The least you could do is thank god for the escape route from that witch.' He implored and Lucas couldn't help but roll his eyes.

'Zay she wasn't a witch.' Lucas mimicked.

'That's definitely debatable, anyway it doesn't matter we are here, the middle of no where.' He announced jumping out of the car. 

Lucas followed his lead and looked around at the open paddock, as much as he loved the open fields of Texas that they were looking at now, he was missing New York immensely. 

'Ok so my dad got us second row seats, I don't know how that bastard did it but this is a nice prize of mine.' Zay uttered.

'Will it give win him your forgiveness though?' Zay's dad had been incredibly distant from Zay and after one big mistake, Zay called a quits. Now Zay's dad will shower him with gifts until he forgives him. 

he was snapped out of my thoughts by some liquid falling down his top, he shook his hands and his mouth was a gape.

'Oh my actual where the hell is god, I am so so sorry. I am such a super klutz uhhh Missy Bitchford was right. I shouldn't even come to social events, god damn it Riley.' She ranted and Lucas let out a light laugh.

'Uh Riley I think, it's honestly fine. I'm curious though were you talking about Missy Bradford.' 

'Yes, she's this evil girl who went to my high school in New York, she's been bullying me since my  junior year and hasn't stopped since. Even when she dated this super nice boy she was still witch.' She cowered and Lucas furrowed his brows, how could he have not noticed how much of a witch she was.

'Well on behalf of her, now ex, boyfriend I am truly sorry. I am obviously more ignorant then I thought.' He insisted and Riley's face fell.

'Oh I am so sorry that was so rude of me, I didn't notice.' She muttered her face in her hands. 

'Hey it's fine don't worry about it, Ed's about to start though I'll see you later maybe .' he waved staring at her red patterned romper loosely wrapped around her tiny figure walk away from him. 

After about 5 minutes of searching for Zay he eventually found him at the bar, after dragging Zay over to his seat he was ready to be hypnotised by Ed Sheeran. 

--------------------------------------------------

'MY PRETTY LITTLE GALWAY GIRL. GOODBYE TEXAS.' He yelled and Lucas stood up roaring at the amazing performance that just happened, it was truly beautiful, he cried, laughed, danced. To be honest if he were Zay he would forgive his dad because that performance was sent from heaven, He didn't see Riley again after their encounter and he didn't want to ask Zay to look knowing he would go hyperbole on the whole situation. Getting situated in the comfortable seat of Zay's car he sighed staring out the window as they drove off.

--------------------------------------------------

2 WEEKS LATER

He had been back in New York for 2 weeks now and had almost forgot about the mystery girl from the concert, he almost considered asking Missy but knew it would not be worth the inevitable rejection he would get.

He grabbed his books from his desk and walked out of New York University. He didn't know Greenwich Village too well, and after wandering for some time trying to find a subway with the A line he realised that a coffee might clear his head or maybe some one in the coffee shop actually knew how he could get home. For some reason the gods were out to get him and today he just couldn't remember anything.

He saw a stairwell with the sign 'TOPANGAS' and thought that would work for a coffee. Trotting down the steps towards the Danish looking bakery he was hit by the aroma of coffee when he walked in the door, it was such a cozy and homey cafe and he made a mental note to come here more often. 

He saw a short blonde girl with a Topanga's apron and he called her over.

'Hi welcome to Topanga's, how may I help you.' She deadpanned and Lucas laughed at her disinterest.

'Uh can I get a Latte.' He offered and she sighed.

'I don't know how to do that I'll have to get Riley one second.' He perked up at the mention of her name but it was short-lived when he realised it probably wouldn't be her, he didn't even know if it was her. 

'Hi sorry about her she is just trying to get her art degree-Lucas' The girl stopped and Lucas turned around to see her, his Riley.

'Hi Riley.' He uttered and she waved.

'Oh is this Missy's ex and your obsession, sorry Huckleberry if I had known I would've been nicer.' She sneered and Riley hit her.

'Don't worry Riley, she reminds me of my best friend Isaiah.' he cackled and she laughed along.

'I'll get your drink.' she fretted and basically ran away, Maya returned shortly after with his drink and a smile for once. He sat there doing his homework for a while before he felt a light tap to his shoulder, slowly he turned around and saw the slender brunette. 

'I just finished and I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go out.' She blurted and Lucas let out a light laugh.

'I would love to.'