Rucas week-hugging-just as i suspected

'Riley honey.' She heard someone whisper and she stirred slightly moving to the other side of the bed. The voice groaned and followed her but Riley rolled back over. After 20 seconds of this game she heard a huff and was almost catapulted off the mattress from the force bouncing so close to her.

Signing heavily she opened her eyes and was met with strangled face of her best friend. Maya snapped her fingers in from of Riley's face to keep her eyes open and smiled when it worked.

Unhappily Riley stood up from her bed in her apartment and grabbed her night gown before walking out into her small living room. Maya followed in suit and plopped down on the couch turning on the tv while Riley pulled out the cereal.

'Lucas told me you didn't go to work.' Maya called to Riley who was in the makeshift kitchen of the small studio apartment. It was 2 bed and 1 and a half bath but the square footage was not very large. Riley didn't mind though considering it was just her and Lucas in there last year of college, they didn't need much room.

'Yeah I figured that's why you were here.' Riley droned pouring the milk in the bowl and slumping over to the couch. She sat down next to Maya and focused her attention to the cartoon on tv.

'You know this sickness hasn't gone away for a while. Maybe you should head to a doctor, I mean finals are soon and you've got to go to work at demolition at some point.' Maya lectured and Riley became exasperated with her friends constant nagging.

'Maya Penelope hart I will go back to work soon. I've just been feeling so sick and tired lately. I mean I vomited three times this morning alone.' Riley prattled feeling the nausea in her stomach still very prominent. Before Maya could even reply Riley was darting off to the toilet once again. She did her business and in five minutes was back in the living room next to Maya again.

'Look maybe you need to get out a little bit. We can go to that bakery downstairs and have a little walk. There's toilets and stuff all along there if you need to puke.' Maya suggested and Riley was hesitant but didn't know how much longer she could actually stay in her apartment. She nodded lightly and Maya bopped up and down before pushing Riley into her room to get changed.

Riley stripped down to her bra and underwear and had to double take at the mirror, she had seemingly gained weight when she had barely been eating, let alone keeping it down. Brushing it off to illusion she put a flowy dress and tights paired with a leather jacket.

She bounced out of her bedroom and grabbed her keys before walking out the door.

Riley and Maya arrived at the bakery and sat at the window the morning sun hitting the faces and bringing warmness to their cheeks.

'So how are you and Josh.' Riley asked munching on her croissant.

'Good. I've had my period for like a week and a half now though, how annoying.' Maya grimaced and Riley nodded her head up and down. She thought back to when she had had an experience like that and then thought back to when she had her period at all. The idea came to her head and instantly Riley started choking on her croissant.

Maya was baffled by her friends behaviour and gave her some water and instructed her to breathe normally. Once she was back to normal Maya found the opportunity to ask her what the hell she was doing.

'Riley what was that.' Maya asked and Riley's eyes widened. She didn't want to make it real, Lucas would hate her.

'Maya I just thought of something.' Riley whispered and Maya ushered for her to go on.

'I think I might be pregnant.' She whispered but it was so low Maya couldn't hear the last word.

'What?' She asked and Riley repeated it lowly again.

'What?' Maya asked still confused.

'Pregnant.' Riley blurted rather loudly and got a few stares from people in the shop. Maya's mouth turned into an o shape and her eyes widened in surprise.

'We have to find out!' Maya yelled and Riley buried her face in her hair.

'What if I don't want to know.' Riley sassed and Maya pulled her up out of her seat and dragged her across to the drugstore. She trudged in and walked to back aisle picking up 4 pregnancy tests. Maya marched up to the counter, payed and then walked outside with the bag in hand.

'How could this happen.' Riley mumbled while they walked back to her apartment, Riley then thought back to the week she stopped taking her pill because she didn't want her period for the water park. She hit her hand to her forehead and continued to walk down the street.

Once they reached the apartment Maya shoved Riley into the bathroom. Riley did as instructed and peed on all three of the sticks before placing them on the counter. Maya knocked and walked in and sat beside the brunette on the bathroom floor.

'Maya what am I gonna do. Lucas is trying to start a vet business. This isn't the right time.' Riley cried into Maya's shoulder. Maya rubbed her back and hushed the little brunette.

'Riles everything will be fine. Huckleberry loves you more than anything. He will be so happy about this I promise.' Maya reassured and Riley couldn't help but smile, he would be such a good father she thought. The timer buzzed startlingly the two and Maya promised she would be In the living room.

Riley hesitantly walked over to the counter and with a deep breathe she opened her eyes and looked down at the test. She was met with all positive signs and tears welled up in her eyes. She placed the tests down, shut the door and darted out into the living room.

'Maya I am- I'm-' she started but noticed that it wasn't Maya on the couch but none other than her boyfriend.

'Ummm.' She awkwardly mumbled fumbling with her fingers. Lucas stood up seeing her teary eyed and walked over to her. He pulled Riley into his embrace and Riley happily accepted the comfort. She cried into his shoulder and Lucas picked her up and pulled her over to the couch. She continued to hug him her legs wrapped around his waist. Lucas let her cry for a few minutes but couldn't wait any longer without asking her what's wrong.

'Riley baby, what is it ?' He asked his fingers under her chin making her look at him. She looked down in shame and tried to hold down the sniffles.

'I can't tell you- you'll be mad and angry. I didn't mean it. ' she cried and Lucas shushed her pulling her into his shoulder.

'Riley Maya texted me and said you had news. What's the news.' He asked not really understanding anything at all, was she moving away , was she cheating on him , didn't she love him anymore.

'Lucas you have to be open minded ok.' Riley mumbled and Lucas nodded.

'I'm pregnant.' She blurted and Lucas couldn't hide the shock from his face. He stared at the beautiful brunette for a long moment before picking her up and spinning her around.

'Yayyyyyyyy.' He yelled and placed her down on the couch kissing her cheeks, lips and stomach. She giggled and wrapped her arms around him and pulling him in for a long kiss.

'You aren't mad?' She asked and he shook his head.

'Nope not at all.' He replied with no thought.

Riley pulled him in for one last hug and smiled.

This was great.