The stars

Guess who learnt science.

Riley and Lucas sat on the hill, it was about 200 metres away from their Texas house, probably the only reason they bought the holiday home. After a flip of coin they had decided they would live in New York, but Texas would always be in reach. To make sure they never forgot about Texas, they bought a holiday home. 

So there they were that fall evening, staring at the stars, the galaxy, the life outside of the small earth. Riley had always been infatuated with the galaxy and astronomy, Lucas was surprised she didn't study it, instead wanting to be a teacher. He would support his wife in whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. He was obsessed with her, that was not even a small exaggeration. He loved her with very element in his body. 

'Do you the closest star, Proxima Centauri, is 4 light years away. So what we are seeing, is something from 4 years ago. 4 years ago we weren't even engaged.' She said in awe her mind running wild with the simple but complex idea of the universe. We knew the information but the comprehension of what we are hearing is what is hard to, stomach, life itself is amazing. He smiled at her feeling her cuddle further into his chest. 

'Well four years ago we weren't engaged, four months ago we weren't even here in Texas, and four days ago you didn't even know you were pregnant. It just shows how fast things can change.' He replied and she giggled.

'Well just like a child all stars were created, unlike a child, a star is made in a nebula.' She stated matter-of-factly. 

'Isn't your aunt's name Nebula.' 

'Yes she is.' She giggled and his heart warmed once again, her laugh was his favourite sound. 

'What's your favourite thing about the stars Riley.' He asked stroking her hair lightly=.

'A super nova, can't wait till Betelgeuse goes supernova.' 

'Maybe we should name our child betelgeuse.' He joked and she burst out into laughter.

'You are off naming committee.' She retorted and he sighed.

'I'm just glad that I was a part of the creating committee.'

and that earned him a slap on the chest. 

(this used to end here but too short)

--------

4 X 2 months later (its 8 months y'all)

'Look at our beautiful baby girl.' Lucas smile wiping the tear from Riley's face, after a very tough 2 day labour, their baby girl graced them with her presence. 

'So what's her name.' The nurse questioned and Riley smiled at Lucas. Lucas had earned a spot back on the naming committee, after some heavy persuasion and lots of chocolate.

'Her name is Elara Nebula Friar.' Riley beamed and the nurse gave them a reassuring nod.

'Lovely name, I see you're a fan of the galaxy.' Riley gave a big nod and left Riley and Lucas to tell their family the name.

--------------------------------------------

'What does Elara mean.' Topanga questioned as Maya and Cory crowded the seat next to Lucas.

'Elara is one of the moons of jupiter, the galaxy is very important to Lucas and I, we want to thank them for that.' She remarked holding Lucas' hand in hers.

'It's a shame ambient light gets in the way.' Lucas finished, the sole reason they wanted to move to country Texas was stars,  but it was the only reason. 

'Well I love it.' Topanga assured.

'yes and in Four light years,  a star will see this moment.'

A/n

this was too short forgive me children