Chapter 3

I've actually decided to update this for once and I'm sorry that it's not very eventful I'm trying to get my story "You're Ours, Little Doe" finished so you're actually very lucky I've updated this. Also I really hope you like it! Please let me know what you think!
Love,
Lizzy 💋

Chapter 3

Louis awakens to a loud pounding on his apartment door. He groans at the loud and annoying sound, grabbing his black rimmed glasses off his nightstand and take a look at his alarm clock to see what time it is. When he sees that it's only four in the morning he shoves his face into his nearest pillow and let's out an aggravated scream.

After Louis gets the frustration of being up way too early out of his system, he decides that he should probably see who's bothering him at this god forsaken hour of the morning. He slumps out of bed in nothing but his black boxers from the day before and stumbles, still half-asleep, towards the door.

Louis throws his apartment door open, throwing a glare at the awful human being that had decided to reck his wonderful early morning beauty sleep.

"Oh god, you look like the walking dead," Liam tells the sleepy lad.

Louis groans at his new neighbor's comment. It's not like he wanted to be woken up this early in the morning. Some people just don't understand how to leave someone alone so that they can sleep.  "Thanks for the compliment," Louis mutters to his neighbor, obvious sarcasm in his voice.

"Anytime, Louis, anytime," he says, giving the glaring lad a cheeky smirk.

Louis rubs the sleep from his eyes, focusing more on the male standing in his doorway. He had on a white lab coat over a purple button up, that was now unbutton part way down his chest, he also had on a pair of black dress pants to go with his outfit. His feet were adorned with a pair of black shiny boots, which were partly covered by his pants.

"What do you want, Liam?" Louis asks his neighbor who decided to wake him up at this ungodly hour.

Liam raises his eyebrows at the sleepy hedgehog of a man. His hair was a splayed mess on top of his head, his glasses now slipping onto the bridge of his nose. "I wanted to ask if you would like to grab a bite to eat or something, but it seems like you would rather sleep."

Louis groans, knowing he would've had to get up in an hour to go to work anyways so it wasn't such a horrible idea to get a bite to eat beforehand with the only person in this whole town that seems rather appealing.

"Just let me get dressed," Louis tells the man, leaving his apartment door wide open as he moves into his bedroom to pull on some clothes appropriate for a day at the asylum.

Louis pulls on a pair of black dress pants and a white button up, he slips on his black black dress shoes before heading back to the front door where he left Liam standing. "Alright, I'm ready," Louis tells the man as he shuts and locks his apartment door.

Louis and Liam walk together in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but a comfortable one as if they've been friends for ages.

Liam leads the shorter lad to a small cafe that open 24 hours. "This place has the best pancakes," Liam tells his new neighbor as he slides into a booth.

Louis gives the lad a small smile as he slides into the booth across from him. "That sounds wonderful," Louis says, excited to get some food into his empty stomach.

"So, how do you like the asylum so far?" Liam asks his new friend after they order their drinks.

Louis sighs as he puts the menu down from where he was picking his order. "It's so depressing there, but I have faith that I'll be able to help those twins," he explains to Liam.

Liam gives the boy an envious look. He wishes that he was that motivated to help his patients at the local hospital. "I think your motivation is amazing," Liam says, really loving how serious he took his job.

"Where do you work, Liam?" Louis asks curiously. The man hasn't actually told him where he works but he believes he must be a doctor of some kind.

The sour faced waitress comes back to take the twos orders and they both give her an order of chocolate chip pancakes before Liam goes to answer Louis' question. "I'm a doctor at the local hospital," he finally tells the blue eyed lad.

Louis nods as he takes a sip from his chocolate milk. "That must be rather boring in this town," he tells the man, not thinking he could deal with as many mean people as Liam must every day.

Liam just shrugs. "Sometimes it gets boring but I'm more of a surgeon than anything so I'm usually busy all the time," he explains to the shorter lad.

Soon the waitress is bringing them their food and that ends the small amount of small talk they were able to make.

To Louis' surprise the pancakes tasted absolutely amazing despite how completely mean and bland the people in this town were, Louis couldn't deny that they could make some pretty good pancakes.

The men both finish their early morning breakfasts before they have to split up again. "I'll see you later, Lou!" Liam tells his newest friend with a small wave as he watches the man disappear down the road on his way to the asylum.

Louis give the man a small wave in return as he makes his way to the dark and dreary building overlooking the rest of the town. He wasn't sure if he was ready for his second day of work, but he knew for certain that he was definitely ready to do everything he possibly could to get to the bottom of the twins problems.

He was completely willing to help them in every way he can and than maybe they'll be able to leave that dark cell they've been placed in for the past ten years. Yes, he was going to get over being scared of them and just see them as two patients that he needs to help.