Chapter 10: It's on (Part 1)

I woke up by the sound of my stomach. Still sleepy I sat up. My eyes were closed and mouth was dry. I heard my stomach growl again.

"Food" I said with a robotic voice. My body felt so heavy. It was hard for me to get out of bed. But somehow I managed. Finally, when I was on my feet I started walking toward my door. But I miscalculated distanced between me and the door and BAM !

"OH ! My nose!" I muttered swear words under my breath.

Well, basically all the way to the kitchen I was hitting against the walls, almost fell down the stairs and I tripped over something, fell down on a carpet and nearly fell asleep again.

In the kitchen my body by himself moved to the fridge and opened it.

"Oh a chicken" I was about to take it but I heard something like little feet walking sound. I turned my head. But I couldn't see anything. The only light was coming out of fridge. 'I probably still in my sleeping mood'.As I was about to grab a plate the same sound reached my ears again which made my whole body turn around.'It's like I'm in Paranormal Activity' .I started looking for the light switch. As soon as my fingers found it I switched lights on. I took few step forward and I heard scratching sound. I slowly walked around the table. 'OH MY GOD !' It was a possum. A real, huge possum. For a moment I stood there just looking at him. 'So it was YOU '

*2 days ago*

"Here it is Yui. The legendary hot-turkey sandwich. I'm telling you, one bite of this masterpiece and it will be like angles threw a ball party in your mouth and everyone is dancing waltz which will makes your taste sensors tingle from pleasure because It. Is . So. Good."

"I can't wait to try it" I smiled at here. I took 2 hot plates and putted on windowsill and opened the window.

*End of flashback*

'YOU TOOK MY HOT-TURKEY SANDWICH ! YOU SON OF BITCH' I finally moved my legs and when I was in hallway I started running. I didn't watched where I was going but on my way I ran into Yui.

"Oh Hey Kaya. Why are you u-?" Blonde girl was in her pyjama too.

"There's no time for chit chat Yui. There is four-leg-trouble downstairs. And I need my ice hockey stick. " I started shaken her by shoulders like crazy.

"Wow. Wait what happened ?"

"Just don't freak out. There is a possum in our kitchen"

"WHAT ?!"

"Shhhh" I shut her by placing my palm on her mouth.

"Now look. We gonna fix this. Okay? Now go to you room, put on your shoes and meet me at entrance hall. You need them 'cause there's a big chance that you'll have to chase that thing... or be chased by him. 50/50 chance"

"But isn't it dangerous. Maybe we should tell Reiji ?"

"It's okay. We can perfectly take care of that animal on our own. "

"If you say so" Yui went to her room. In the meantime...

*knock knock knock* "Ayato" *knock knock knock* "Ayato" *knock knock knock* "Ayato" *knock*

"What do you what ?" red-hair man opened the door while scratching the back of his head.

"You sleep topless ?"

"Is this your way to say 'I want to sleep with you' ?" he smirked at me.

"There's a possum in the kitchen"

"..."

"..."

"Not my problem." Ayato was about to close the door. But I grabbed door knob and didn't let him close them.

"You don't help me in school so at least help me now." With all my strength I tried to not let go.

"Let go! And why should I ?"

"Because I know what you want" with those words Ayato stopped pulling the door. He came closer to me and looked curiously. "Does the word Takoyaki makes your mouth watery?"

"Wait, how do you know ?"

"Tsk c'mon son. You smell like Takoyaki" I sniffed the air " Your room smells like Takoyaki. So here's my offer I will make you takoyakies for the next month if you help me to catch that thing in the kitchen"

" Tch"

"Look, you seem like athletic kind of guy and I thought that with your help catching possum won't be so difficult" He said nothing just sighted and scratched his head again.

"Please...Ore-sama" I said and smiled at him

"Fine"

"Stop making so much nose" I looked at the direction from where voice came. It was Subaru.

" There's a possum in the kitchen"

"... Is she okay ?" Subaru asked Ayato with poker face

"The better question is when was the last time she was okay ?"

"Hey !"

"So what about possum ? " Subaru asked me.

"He took my hot-turkey sandwich ! And you are helping me to catch that damn thing"

"I'm not going anywhere" he folded his arms

"Look at it this way, both of you, if you help me then we gonna catch possum faster and faster I'll leave you guys in piece" 'For tonight'For a moment they both were silent until Subaru spoke.

"Just let's make this quick"

"I can't believe I'm doing this"

We all walked to entrance hall where Yui was. I stood in front of them and got my hands behind my back like a soldier.

"Before we do this I just want to thank you all for coming here. As you may know we have intruder. A possum. I can't promise that we all get through this unharmed. Tonight one of us may loose arm, maybe eyeball, maybe just a finger or even a genital. I'm talking to you two" I looked at Ayato and Subaru " But these lost are nothing. No. They're just little sacrifices for a noble purpose. To let people in this country rest easy while their sandwiches are left on windowsill while window is open. It's not gonna be easy but I promise you guys this by the end of the day we'll be dancing on a grave of possum."