Chapter 49: A Flip of a Coin

*Different universe*

*Alaska*

*11 months ago*

The house where we were living was aside from the center of town. Closer to the forest. It was an old build, wooden, two floors house. The biggest room was a living room with two big sofas and an armchair. One of the walls were covered with family's pictures. To be more specific: pictures of siblings. On the first floor we had the kitchen where we ate all our meals. On the second floor were our rooms. Because I was the only girl in that house I got my own room. Yay! It was small but cozy so I had no complains. The other three bigger room were shared by my brothers. Two in each. Ichirou )the oldest one) moved out to live with his now wife who he met in his freshman year at the university. Anyway, after Ichirou moved out Jiro(the second son) was left with a privet room. That year in our family was know as The Game of Rooms. There was sabotages, furniture moving, debate nights. Everything. But Jiro still got to keep his room. Because Jiro and Orochi(the third son) had jobs in the town they went to university for a two week of intense learning and classes from the early morning to the late evening then came back to the town to continue working. While Isamu (the fourth son), Mamoru (the fifth son), Rin(the sixth son) and me still went to the high school.

"Kaya, are you 100 percent sure you wanna go?" Rin asked me out of blue. We were quietly spending evening in the living room watching TV. I was fully laying on one sofa.

"Dude, you asking me this again? " I sighed annoyed. Rin was in the armchair with one leg on the coffee table.

"Just making sure if you really wanna go to Japan for summer. There's always a chance of a plane crash in some abandoned island and do you remember the guy from the movie Hannibal?" Rin looked at me lazily.

"Okay! Stop with this nagging. I have made my decision to go" On the same time commercial showed up on the screen, advertising a new tooth paste. A black leather couch cracked when I changed my position from laying to sitting. My hand reached for TV remote and switch the channel "Besides, at the beginning you were the one who encouraged me to go and now you're the one who is worried about it. What's up with this ?"

Rin paused. He stood up from a sofa and fell next to me making my body slightly jump. With a caring thus serious eyes he turned to me making me react with an expression of 'Wut?'

"Kaya, you are my favorite sister"

"I'm your only sister-"

"You're my favorite sister, Kaya" Rin cut me off "I wish the best for you. I know that going back to Japan is one of your goals and it will be a great experience to you"

"Thank you for understanding" I said in a soft voice following it with a smile.

Once Mamoru asked me why I wanna go back to Japan even tho, all seven of us deep down in our hearts had been wanting for that. My answer was simple: because I felt something pulling and calling me there. Freaky things are nothing new to me.

"But you will die there without my help" Rin tried to be funny.

"...For a mare moment I thought you developed mentally" I stared at him blankly.

"Aren't you cute" the boy pinched my cheek and stretched it like grandma does to her grandchild.

"Rin, seriously, I don't get it why you became so obsess with the idea of me leaving for about three months" I shook his hand away from my face "It's getting to the point when it's just annoying"

"You're not giving up" Rin mumbled under his breath sighing, leaning back against the couch. For a moment he kept silent which made me believe that we can now change the topic and talk about sky or aliens or whatever. Nothing like that.