Chapter 42: A Rainy Day

A.N.
Hello everyone after a long time. I'm back in business :) My exams are over and they all went well, thank God
So, hope this chapter won't disappoint you. It was one of those days when it's hard to write or think of something so I had a little struggle.
Thank you waiting and supports. Love ya all~

On our way home I kept that stupidly satisfied face, from time to time letting out a small giggle which irritated the young vampire.

'Takoyaki selling Dracula. Hehehe. I won't let him forget that' a smirk appeared on my face as the thought ran through my head. But unfortunately Ayato had enough with that so he punched me harshly in the arm.

"Ouch ! What was that for ?" I gently rubbed the painful spot which in few hour will turn into a big 'beautiful' blue dot. Like there's not enough on my back.

"Don't play dumb, Orokana. Punch for your thoughts"

"Oh great, you playing like that too" I sighed remembering how my brothers used to be obsessed with this. Punch for your thoughts...so many bruises.

From the main town's street we took a short cut which led through a park. I found this place just recently, since after detention I had to go back by foot and it just happened that I walked pass this place and decided to just go and relax. Well first time I got lost. Live and learn they say.

The playground was empty. Autumn wind slightly swung the swings. The street lamps and the moon lighten up the road with blank light. From the both sides of the road were standing trees. Their leafs fell on the dry ground covering it like a carper. I walked closer to the side walk and kicked few time little piles of leafs and with every kick the sense of Autumn coming out from those piles became stronger.

There was silence between me and Ayato. It looked like he didn't even cared whether we converse or not. He even seemed to be more satisfied and less irritated when my mouth is shut. At least that's what I think. But in my case, I kinda feel...

'Why isn't he talking? Why I'm not talking? Speek dude. Come on. He's not even looking at my direction. Maybe I should brake the ice... Do you like Robert Pattinson? Sight... Why is it so hard to have a conversation with him?'

'Because they all end up with him biting you until you pass out from blood lost'

'Great. I'm that desperate that I even started talking to myself'

'I know how you feel'

'What?'

As me and my other me were debating over our existence question, the vampire tried to talk to me which I didn't notice.

"Are you listening?!" he flicked my nose. Personally ,for me, it's a painful spot.

"What, what ? What happened? Who exploded?"

Ayato turned his gaze away from me putting his hand in to a pockets.

"Your head will if you keep spacing out ignoring me" he hissed " and what's up with those faces that you make?"

"What faces?" I looked at him "I'm not making any faces"

"Just right now you did"

'You do make weird expressions when you talking to me'

"I don't like then. Don't do it anymore" Ayato commanded.

'It's like the whole world is against me'

"Whatever. You talking with me. Remember?" I tried to make it sound cheerfully "Anyway, what were you saying?"

He looked away again "Tch. Never mind"